Are you looking to apply your skills with a company that has a long track record of growth and success? Stackpole International designs and delivers solutions for customers around the globe. We combine world-leading expertise in fluid power systems and powder metal technology with world-class product and process engineering to solve our customers’ must difficult challenges. We have earned their trust by honoring our commitments.
Headquartered in Ancaster, Ontario, we operate from manufacturing facilities and technical centres throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Because we are a Johnson Electric company, we offer leading-edge capabilities in electrification. Our in-house development, test and manufacturing capabilities are focused on a unified goal: delivering high-quality, high-performance assemblies, components and systems for the applications of today and tomorrow.
We are looking to add new members to our Finance team. This role is based in Mississauga, Canada.
- Assist management in building annual budgets, long range financial plans, forecasts and key management assumptions to head counts, cost savings, capital planning, etc.
- Assist in month end closings while preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in analysis of major variances to budget.
- Use customer releases to prepare rolling sales forecasts
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports to operating managers for key expenses (supplies, maintenance, tooling, etc.).
- Prepare weekly reports on sales and key income statement indicators and compare to budgets.
- Assist in preparing support for capital expenditure requests. Monitor progress of expenditures to budget.
- Provide analyses to external auditors as required.
- Assist with standard cost implementation and updating BOMs (Bill of Material) for new products/parts
- Review invoices input by Accounts Payable for accuracy and validity
- Collaborate with Corporate Accounts Receivable to maintain AR Ageing and adequate collection of receivables
- Assist with tracking and invoicing for customer owned tooling
- Ad hoc projects as necessary
- Work in compliance with Stackpole PMDM Quality and EHS Policies and Procedures, including IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
- All other duties as assigned
- Degree in business with an accounting major; consideration will be given to candidates with professional accounting designation
- Excellent understanding and thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel) is required
- Experience with Solarsoft (CMS) and IBM Cognos is an asset
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to interact effectively with management, plant personnel, auditors and various finance personnel at other divisions
What we offer...
- Full-time employment in a growing global business
- Training and Development opportunities
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- Intercultural team
- Regular information meetings and social events
- Great colleagues and work climate
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Stackpole’s Accessibility for Ontarians Policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.