Laker Energy Products Ltd. is a subsidiary of BWXT Canada Ltd. Laker Energy Products Ltd. is a leading supplier of precision-machined components to the international nuclear industry. We specialize in the manufacture of fuel channel and feeder components, tooling and fuelling machine spares.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst for our office in Oakville, ON.
Monitor all financial aspects of contracts which includes project setup, budget changes and revenue recognition. Accounting for F/X forward contracts as it relates to the project. Prepare and issue sales invoices to customers and follow up on accounts receivables. Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly forecasts, financial reports and variance analysis reports. This job reports to the Finance Manager. Initially working with QuickBooks Pro and Excel in the near term, as the company prepares for ERP implementation. Provide coverage for Finance Manager as and when required.
1. Projects and Sales Orders
• Responsible for financial set-up, monitoring and reporting on the status of all Fixed Price and Parts contracts.
• Determine contract Revenue Recognition per ASC606 and accounting for F/X forward contracts, as it relates to the project.
• Manually maintain Project Structures and Budgets in MS Excel.
• Monitor project budgets, costs and cash flow and work with Project Management on documenting contract changes.
• Ensure month-end contract accruals are performed to support revenue recognition.
• Prepare monthly project variance reports as required.
2. Customer Invoicing
• Work with Project Manager to issue Contract milestone billings.
• Monitor customer invoicing vs. purchase order values and follow up on accounts receivables.
• Prepare monthly forecast for backlog projects, including bookings, revenue, actual cost, gross profit, billings, and receipts.
• Work with Project Managers and Project Controls to forecast backlog projects through contract life cycle.
4. Meeting Preparation
• Prepare documents for internal cost review meeting as follows; contract profit statement (hours and dollars), risk and opportunity list, Contract Change Notice reports, billing schedule, cash flow, aged accounts receivable.
• Work with Project Manager to complete Risk and Opportunity list as well as Critical Issues.
• Provide documents for internal monthly reviews.
5. Additional Activities/Special Requests
• Provide information to internal auditors, if requested.
• Ensure SOX and COSO requirements are being followed.
• Degree or diploma in an accounting-related discipline complemented by a minimum of 5 years hands-on accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Accounting designation or enrollment in the later stages of the designation program is required.
• In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office, mainly Excel. Knowledge in SAP would be an asset.
• Experience of spreadsheet applications, data manipulation techniques, vlookup formulas, macros.
• Hands-on, detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills and problem solving skills.
• Good relationship-building skills with a commitment to supporting a team.
BWXT Canada is committed to fostering an accessible, fair, and inclusive environment where all employees are able to access goods and services while being respected and supported. If you require accommodations during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made. If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact Human Resources.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Laker Energy Products Ltd. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability, or any other category protected by provincial law.
Laker Energy Products Ltd. is committed to fostering an accessible, fair, and inclusive environment where all employees are able to access goods and services while being respected and supported. If you require accommodations during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made. If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact Human Resources.