Who you'll be working with:
New World Imports Ltd was established in 1986 in Richmond, B.C. Our mission is to bring top quality Asian foods to western Canada. We are proud to import products from China, Thailand, Vietnam and others parts of Asia. Within the past year we have grown and extended our services to over 500 independent Asian grocers, wholesalers, and retail chains across the Middle and Western Canada. We have always had great pride and success in selling products of high value.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead, direct, guide and supervise the daily operation of financial department.
- Develop and implement necessary financial operation policies and procedures to maintain and strengthen internal controls of the company;
- Formulate strategic and long-term financial plans comply with the company's development goals;
- Produce financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses, and analyze financial data to measure results for business decision making;
- Establish and improve complete financial systems or models to manage the company's income and expenses;
- Participate in major investment activities, predict future financial trends, and provide professional investment suggestions and schemes;
- Monitor and control cash flows, research and report financial information that influence business performance to minimize financial risk;
- keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation, and make strategic changes and suggestions accordingly;
- Coordinate and develop external relationships with appropriate contacts, such as auditors, solicitors, bankers etc.;
- Hire, supervise, train and evaluate staff in financial department;
- Perform other assigned tasks by leader.
What we're looking for:
- A master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Business or a related field is required;
- Minimum 3 years of financial management experience;
- Financial designations such as ACCA, CIMC, CA or CPA is a plus;
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles;
- Proven ability to work with detailed financial models;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel (advanced), Word, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Ability to perform multi-task and work with a high sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment.
Why you should apply:
- Ongoing professional development and training;
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Competitive salary & benefits, and second-to-none perspectives for growth;
- Excellent career opportunities as well as space for self-initiative.
If you are passionate about this job, please contact Elaine by email HR838.firstname.lastname@example.org.