What is the opportunity?
As an RBC Investment and Retirement Planner, you develop relationships with and create custom investment solutions for prospective and existing RBC clients. Alongside your own prospecting and networking activity, you are fully supported by internal partners who send client referrals your way. Your creativity, motivation, and hunger to drive new investment sales is what pushes you to provide world-class advice and solutions that help clients achieve their long-term goals. With unlimited earning potential, you can truly create the future you want for yourself and for the clients you advise.
What will you do?
- Provide tailor-made financial planning advice and solutions using our unparalleled array of investment and portfolio solutions, including best-in-class proprietary and select third-party mutual fund solutions
- Acquire and consolidate existing and new-to-RBC clients and assets
- Connect clients with the right RBC team members to help continuously meet their needs
- Develop external business referral sources through networking, marketing, and your centres of influence
What do you need to succeed?
- Financial Planning Designation (PFP or CFP) or close to completing
- Mutual Funds License (IFIC or CSC)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in financial planning
- Proven networking and client acquisition skills
- Ability to cultivate strong partner relationships
Is this career right for you? Check out our video and decide for yourself!
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Full-time RBC employee status with unlimited earning potential and full benefits
- Work with a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
Royal Bank of Canada is a global financial institution with a purpose-driven, principles-led approach to delivering leading performance. Our success comes from the 84,000+ employees who bring our vision, values and strategy to life so we can help our clients thrive and communities prosper. As Canada’s biggest bank, and one of the largest in the world based on market capitalization, we have a diversified business model with a focus on innovation and providing exceptional experiences to more than 16 million clients in Canada, the U.S. and 34 other countries. Learn more at rbc.com.
We are proud to support a broad range of community initiatives through donations, community investments and employee volunteer activities. See how at rbc.com/community-sustainability.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: To be determined
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Branch and Home Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Commission + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 10/31/2019
Req ID: 192140