It’s Your Career. Drive It!
Are you looking for an exciting career in a fast paced and dynamic work environment? Join a company with a passion for innovation and customer service that rewards performance through internal growth opportunities. Discount Car and Truck Rentals is a Canadian owned and operated company. We are a renowned industry leader with over 300 offices across Canada. We are currently searching for new team members in North York (Finch Ave. West and Hwy. 400) to join our Sales Audit Team for a 6-month contract position!
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting & Sales Audit, the incumbent will primarily be responsible for maintaining an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all activities:
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all activities
- Advise on the content and accuracy of financial reporting
- Ensure that all month-end financial duties and resulting financial reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Record all business transactions, process accruals and adjustments, reconcile accounts, and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting and financial statements
- Maintain year-end working papers and spreadsheets, and assist with preparation for any internal or external audits or independent reviews being conducted
- Collect, interpret, and report on financial data
- Prepare financial statements and bank reconciliations
- Organize and filing of all appropriate documents
- Prepare monthly submissions for accounting and monthly remittances
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanour, and attitude at all times
- Code, total, batch, enter, verify and reconcile transactions
- Compile budget data and documents based on estimated revenues and expenses and previous budgets
- 1-2 years of previous experience in the financial industry
- Ability to analyze and present numerical data in tables, spreadsheets, and forms
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements
- Ability to read, understand, and calculate financial figures such as discounts, interest rates, proportions, percentages, and taxes
- High level of integrity and excellent work ethic
- Demonstrated time management skills,
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Proficient at Microsoft office suite, focus on Excel
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Career advancement opportunities
- Immediate enrolment in the Discount Incentive program, giving you discounted rates on home and auto insurance, clothing, sporting events and more
- Ongoing training program to give you the tools you need to succeed
- On site gym facilities free for our employees
- Discounted rates on car and truck rentals
Apply now at www.discountcar.com/careers
Discount Car and Truck Rentals is an equal opportunity employer.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please advise your Recruitment Specialist to ensure your requirements are met.