- Safety Compliance: Accountability for employee and office compliance with corporate safety programs. Responsible for ensuring that employee safety training is thorough, complete, and up to date within tables. Identifies safety hazards and issues and notifies corporate safety office for recommendations and corrective actions. Implements safety recommendations and corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Customer Satisfaction: Coordinate with sales to analyze customer requirements and contractual obligations, determining the best possible Johnson Controls application. Responsible for executing the solution for total customer satisfaction. This includes maintaining effective two-way communication with the customer from the initial order point to the warranty period.
- Fiscal Responsibility: Responsible for executing the highest quality delivery at the lowest possible cost. Responsible for operating within an approved financial plan, which includes direct costs, indirect costs, accounts receivable and profitability.
- Operational Responsibility: Oversee the support activity associated with contract review, the submittal process, engineering, technical support, CAD operations, installation schematics, equipment delivery, outside purchasing, scheduling, labor planning and business issues, such as, bonds, insurance and approvals. Interface with service department to insure seamless project turnover.
- Installation Responsibility: Manage all installation requirements including material purchasing, project scheduling, with fiscal responsibility, installing through Johnson Controls installer or subcontractor management in accordance with company policy in a cost efficient manner. Manage the technical installation support activity including programming and operating systems according to customer specifications and applicable code requirements.
- Productivity Improvement: Ensure that effective performance measurements are assigned and employees are motivated to achieve and exceed objectives in a professional, timely and quality manner. Coordinate with and support the sales representatives in order to better serve the customer, grow the business and ultimately increase the sales volume per sales representative.
- Personnel Management: Hire, transfer, terminate or affect other personnel actions for subordinate employees. Set goals and objectives for subordinates, communicate expectations to employees, and periodically review subordinate’s performance. Identify areas of improvement and implement necessary development and training programs or other appropriate actions. Responsible for assisting in meeting equal employment opportunity / affirmative action program goals and objectives. Abide by Federal, provincial and local laws and regulations, as well as company policies and programs. Maintain and enhance a positive and supportive work environment, which eliminates the causes and/or perceived needfor outside third-party intervention.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not a necessity in a business or engineering discipline.
- Minimum seven years’ experience in management of district operational activities or equivalent experience in the construction industry.
- Experience in the Sprinkler and Electronics Fire Protection industries is preferred.
- Requires good interpersonal skills, along with effective writing, speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated management/leadership abilities to include training, team building, presentation and negotiation skills, branch administration and effective interaction with customer/company management.
- Ability to read and comprehend financial statements.
- Ability to accurately forecast monthly/quarterly/annual business results using appropriate financial tools and processes.
- Ability to read and negotiate terms for standard construction contracts.
- Previous P&L management experience a plus.
- Knowledge of applicable local, state and federal codes preferred to start but will be required to learn.
- Computer fluency in Windows, Excel, and other Microsoft products.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.