Are you looking to develop your engineering career and skills in a position where you are challenged to produce tangible results on key projects that make a difference?
Verdant Energy Management Solutions is one of the fastest growing divisions in the Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions portfolio and we need team-oriented, driven engineers to feed our software and product development.
If you enjoy working with a friendly, creative, and dynamic engineering team lead by a senior leadership group of engineers, then we need to talk to you!
The firmware engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of software for our industry specific applications and systems. Our firmware engineer will help plan, improve, and manage firmware applications from inception to use. A firmware engineer will help complete programming projectsand execute on designing detailed plans to ensure firmware is functioning properly.
- Writecodebase for embedded devices
- Writedrivers and applications for our smart thermostat firmware (largely in C)
- Integratenew features into main firmware
- Executefirmware architecture, design, implementation, debugging, release management and maintenance
- Prepareand createinstructional technical manuscripts for firmware operation
- You are able to scan your environment for new programming solutions, knowledge, or capabilities that can benefit the project
- You displaya can-do attitude and takeaction to challenges
- You are a good communicatorwho collaborates with other members of the team
- You are detail oriented and willing to roll up your sleeves
- You learnquickly when facing new challenges
- You identifyand createthe processes necessary to get the work done
- Bachelor#39;s Degree in one or more of the following disciplines, Software Engineering, Firmware Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic Information Engineering
- At least 3 year#39;s of experience in a Firmware engineering role
- Relevant Experience:
- Electronics debugging tools
- Logic Analyzers
- Microcontroller Programming
- M-series ARM SoCs
- Wireless Radio technologies
- Battery powered devices
- RTOS a bonus
- Electronics debugging tools
- Strong grasp of C language
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: extended health & dental benefits, Heath Care Spending Account, life insurance coverage, registered pension plan/registered retirement savings plans. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live..
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our companyrsquo;s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our and about.
Emerson is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply including women, Aboriginal Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available at all stages of recruitment, selection, and employment.
If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources or to make appropriate arrangements.