At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
FLIR Integrated Imaging Solutions (IIS), a division of FLIR systems, headquartered in the Greater Vancouver area, BC, addresses mainly 2 growing markets: Machine vision for the largest part of our activities, and People Flow Analytics.
Regarding Machine Vision: we provide to machinery manufacturers or system integrators imaging products and solutions that are used for quality inspection, measurement, traceability, vision guided automation and robotics, as well as intelligent traffic systems. Regarding People Analytics: we are currently focused on Retail Analytics, and we provide imaging products and solutions that are used to measure retail customers traffic, customers queuing time, customers flows in the retail space; Essentially our People Analytics products help to replicate the equivalent of web analytics in the physical world.
We are looking for a Firmware Validation Engineer, Team Lead to join our Firmware team in our Richmond, BC location.
- Manage all firmware validation and release activities
- Oversee the design, implementation, and execution of firmware design tests
- Develop the existing firmware testing infrastructure (software and hardware) to improve test coverage and automation
- Supervise and mentor others involved in firmware testing activities
- Work with other engineers to troubleshoot and resolve firmware and integration issues
- Collaborate on process improvements to optimize product quality and workflow efficiency
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience with C/C++/C# programming
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Enjoys collaboration and teamwork
- Adaptable, open to change and new ideas
- Creative, interest in devising better ways of doing things
- Proficiency with scripting languages (Python, Perl, Bash)
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Working knowledge of XML and XML schemas
- Knowledge of Ethernet and USB protocols and standards
- Experience with source control, issue tracking systems, and automation systems (SVN, JIRA, Jenkins)
- Embedded programming experience
- Knowledge of industry best practices in embedded development and testing
- Comfortable with hardware and test equipment
- Experience working in Windows and Linux environments
- Familiarity with machine vision algorithms
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.