As an equal opportunity employer, the City of Thunder Bay encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
ONTARIO HUMAN RIGHTS CODE: It is a contravention of the Human Rights Code of Ontario to discriminate on the basis of: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, age, record of offences, gender identity or gender expression. Therefore, a resume submitted to the City must not include references to any of the above characteristics. Do not include:
- Any certificates that have photo identification
- Driver’s licences
- Police records checks
Note: The above documentation will be requested by the Human Resources & Corporate Safety Division should you be the successful applicant. If a Criminal Record Check is required it will be requested by Human Resources should you be the successful applicant. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
ACCOMMODATION: Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.
Application forms must reference the competition number and be submitted to Human Resources by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date.
Please ensure you indicate your availability in your application.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Program Supervisor Adult Fitness, Wellness & Inclusion Services, is responsible for conducting fitness classes using whatever facilities and equipment are necessary to fulfill this function.
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent;
- Completion of a recognized fitness leadership program and/or certification.
- Preference will be given to candidates with associated experience in group teaching.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must undergo a successful Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC)
- Must obtain Standard First Aid and 2 Person CPR within three months of employment;
- Must obtain WHMIS and customer service training;
- Must be competent within the meaning of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Part-time (not to exceed 24 hours per week)
- Irregular hours (may have to work flexible hours)
Job Specific Information:
- Fitness Instructor 2 (may require specialized certifications; teaches general programs including: bootcamp, circuit training, step balls, bars and weights, etc) salary range $20.00 - $25.00
- Fitness Instructor 3 (may require specialized certifications; teaches specialized courses such as: Zumba, Kettlebell, TRX, Yoga, Pilates, Spin, Aqua Fitness, Boxfit, Panamania Dance, etc) salary range $26.00 - $30.00