Semple Gooder Roofing Corporation located at 1365 Martin Grove Road, Toronto, Ontario M9W 4X7 is seeking 15 qualified commercial / industrial roofers for permanent full-time employment within the Greater Toronto Area.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience with various roofing systems including flat roofing, conventional and inverted built-up systems, modified roofing systems, single ply sheet membrane roofing systems, 4 ply hot built-up asphalt & gravel roofing, modified hot & cold applied roofing, single ply roofing, PVC, TPO, EPDM, Rigid pre-formed system, tiled roofs etc.
- Must also have experience troubleshooting and detecting leaks and applying waterproofing coatings.
- Must have the ability to work well with others, problem solving and decision making skills necessary.
- Must be a dependable, reliable and a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment.
- Work Site Environment: At heights, Noisy, Dusty, Outdoors, Dangerous
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions.
- Own transportation is an asset but not a requirement.
- Must have Steel-toed safety boots and hard hat.
- Education – not required.
- Basic English language ability sufficient, fluency is not required.
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel.
- Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing system using the same system which is already on the roof.
- Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings.
- Install sheet metal flashings.
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces.
- Install and repair metal roofs.
- Set up scaffolding to provide safe access on roofs.
- Troubleshoot and detect leaks.
- Weight handling can be above 45 kg.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Fast paced and physically demanding position.
- May be required to instruct apprentices.
- Must adhere to all Safety Regulations.
- $35.05 – $43.06 hourly depending on experience, for 37.5 hours per week.
- This is a unionized position, wages and benefits offered are as per the collective agreement with Sheet Metal Workers’ International Association, Local 30. If hired, all candidates will be required to become a member.
- Various commercial, industrial and institutional projects located throughout the Greater Toronto Area.
How to Apply:
If you have the above qualifications please email your resume to the address listed in this posting.
For additional information about Semple Gooder Roofing Corporation please visit our website at www.semplegooder.com