Job TitleFleet Maintenance Supervisor
Requisition Primary LocationCoquitlam, British Columbia
**MUST BE LICENSED TRUCK MECHANIC**
Address: 25 Fawcett Rd, Coquitlam, BC
Shift: Monday – Friday, 1 pm to 10 pm or designated
Waste Connections of Canada, the leader in non-hazardous solid waste management in North America is looking for a Fleet Maintenance Supervisor / Mechanic Supervisor at our Truck Maintenance facility in Coquitlam, BC . We are looking for an innovative, detail oriented and proactive individual capable of creating and driving change.
While ensuring a culture of safety and personal excellence in every aspect of maintenance, the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for all daily activities of the maintenance facility, the fleet and employees. The Supervisor will provide training to the mechanics, including coaching and documenting discipline, when necessary. The Supervisor fosters collaboration between and among personnel and creates a culture of Servant Leadership. The supervisor coaches the team to work effectively on company-owned vehicles, perform high-quality repairs and respond to driver VCRs.
- Review safety protocols and practices regularly with the maintenance team and ensures adherence to the corporate safety program.
- Reviews shop status and vehicle repairs in process
- Meets with the Maintenance Manager to receive daily repair orders and priorities
- Assigns repairs and tasks to technicians
- Assists mechanics in troubleshooting and diagnosis
- Constantly reviews vehicles that are in the shop for additional repairs or unsafe conditions
- Monitors shop safety and housekeeping.
- 3 - 4 years of experience as a general mechanic working on large diesel vehicles
- Red Seal Heavy Duty Truck Mechanic
- 2 - 3 years of supervisory experience in a lead technician role, supervisor or other management role supervising 5-10 other mechanics
- Thorough knowledge of safe working practices, DOT, other Federal and Provincial regulations
- Must be able to communicate effectively, read, estimate, calculate, interpret, measure and document in writing
Please apply online at www.wasteconnectionscanada.com or call Raj at 647-882-1210
What’s In It for You?
You will be joining a company with great operating values and colleagues who embrace a “work hard, play harder” culture. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and retirement packages, alongside a variety of rewards, bonuses, and incentives.
Come, become part of a team that leads by example, through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives and more.
Waste Connections of Canada/Enviro Connexions is an Equal Opportunity Employer