Company operating name:
Primetals Technologies USA LLC
Primetals Technologies Austria GmbH
5895 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta, Georgia 30005 United States of America
Turmstraße 44, 4031 Linz, Austria
Client job site address:
1330 Burlington Street East, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3J5 Canada
Title of position:
Fluids Commissioning Cooling Line Engineer (NOC 2132 – Mechanical Engineers)
Primetals is seeking to hire a Fluids Commissioning Cooling Line Engineer to provide specialized engineering systems support on a modernization project at a client facility in Hamilton, Ontario. The Fluids Commissioning Cooling Line Engineer’s day-to-day day duties and responsibilities will entail the following:
- Inspecting and verifying pre-conditions for cooling line commissioning;
- Reviewing detailed planning in support of commissioning;
- Providing technical expertise and executing cooling line commissioning;
- Providing data in support of technical, acceptance and final reports;
- Gathering and analyzing equipment performance data;
- Integrating proprietary Primetals’ systems;
- Optimizing and reviewing expert systems;
- Delivering training to local personnel; and
- Other duties, as required.
Terms of employment:
Project-based position from March 2019 to September 2020
30.49 EUR (approximately $46.47 CAD based on current exchange rate) hourly
Disability insurance, pension, extended medical insurance, 25 vacation days per year, overtime allowance, Cost of Living Allowance, Quality of Living Allowance, Functional Allowance at site and Mobility Allowance. Position eligible for bonuses and salary increases at company’s sole discretion.
Location of work:
Jeenetta Williams, HR Immigration and Delegation Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills & Qualifications:
The successful candidate for this role must have extensive experience with and specialized knowledge of Primetals’ proprietary mechanical, electrical, automation and control solutions, including Primetals’ power cooling, laminar cooling, coil transportation system, runout roller table and strip coiling system. The candidate must also have 5 or more years of experience with mill modernization projects, and must hold a degree in engineering, construction, technology or a related field.
Additionally, the successful candidate must have:
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical, electrical and control solutions for hot rolling mills specific to Primetals’ solutions and design concepts;
- Experience with the specification and design of mechanical/automation/control systems for hot strip rolling industry applications; and
- Familiarity with the standards and safety requirements for hot strip mill project execution and operation.