Under direction and support of the F & B Assistant Supervisor, the F&B Server provides first class service to all dining customers within the Regional Recreation Corporation’s (RRC) Hospitality department. The Food and Beverage Server is responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of all the food outlets and related guest services through effective time management, overall professionalism and poise. In addition, this role must meet and exceed the Restaurant Server Job Standard for the RRC. The F&B Server is responsible for contributing to building a loyal following amongst guests, thus increasing business and furthering the Banquets, Concessions, Restaurant, Lounge & Bar’s reputation of providing a quality and memorable experience.
Position Type: Casual
Pay Rate: $16.71/hour
Posted: February 3rd, 2019
Open Until Filled
The collective agreement can be viewed by visiting:
The Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, is a not-for-profit company, operating recreational facilities in the Wood Buffalo Region. The flag ship complex, MacDonald Island Park is Canada's largest community recreational, leisure, and social centre. Home to the Suncor Community Leisure Centre, Miskanaw Golf Club and Shell Place, MacDonald Island Park works under the umbrella of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
- Completion of high school with coursework related to hospitality.
- Alberta Food Safe Certificate and Serving It Right Certificate
- ProServe Certification. Get your ProServe certification here
- First Aid /CPR Certification
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Must have a minimum one years’ experience in high volume and/or full service hospitality
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be energetic, outgoing, reliable and punctual.
- Experience in preparing and execution of service and dining.
- Ability to work in high-pressure environment.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability and computer skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of types of restaurant set-ups, capacities, etc.
- Must have good interpersonal and guest interaction skills.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Promote and work in a team orientated environment to include all F&B associates.
- Possess a willingness to learn and be constantly challenged to grow with the F&B team.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with Micros and related back office accounting systems.
- Previous fine/casual dining experience and wine knowledge is an asset.
- Previous experience in a 4 diamond hotel environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS &WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This position is both part time and fulltime requiring upto 44 hours per week; not limited to only days but also including evenings, holidays and weekends as required.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for a few minutes to an hour.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and frequently lift 25 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- This position may require travel between our various facilities within the Wood Buffalo Region. Access to reliable transportation is necessary.