At Aramark Canada, our people are important to us. Our 14,000+ team members coast to coast; deliver experiences that enrich and nourish thousands of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities and uniforms. To show our employees how much we appreciate their efforts, we do everything we can to make sure they feel included, supported and encouraged. Aramark Canada proudly partners with world class post-secondary institutions, world renowned hospitals, major league sports venues and leading global businesses. As part of a global team that spans 19 countries and has over 200,000 team members; we strive to achieve a safe, diverse and inclusive workforce that our employees can be proud of.
Learn more at www.aramark.ca
Aramark Canada is looking for an Operations Manager of Food & EVS Services for a Healthcare client based in Lower Mainland area, BC. This position will be responsible for managing all site operations and it’s financial impact along with maintaining safety standards in accordance with the guidelines provided.
If you are an experienced leader with long term operations experience and are passionate about making an impact in someone’s way of living, this might the right fit for you.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the food and facilities contract at the sites and its financial accountability, and compliance with the standards established by Aramark Healthcare, regulatory agencies and client. Leads departments of all services managed. Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with other departments to provide a unified experience for patients, residents, visitors, and employees. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The Operations Manager plans, administers and directs all unit activities related to food and facilities service, including Aramark and client financial accountability, and compliance with the standards established by Aramark Healthcare, regulatory agencies and client to provide optimal managed services and drive patient and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Interacts with Client Management and maintains effective client and customer relations at all levels of client organization, including conducting rounding. Identifies Aramark service expansion opportunities.
- As the Manager of Food & EVS Services one will be responsible for establishing and maintaining effective working relationship with other departments to provide a unified experience for patients, residents, visitors, and employees.
- Provides overall direction and manages performance for all Food Service Supervisors and front line employees, ensuring employee development, engagement and compliance with human resource related policies and standards, including conducting applicable rounding.
- Directs, staffs, and trains food service department regarding food presentation, quality, cost control, and cash handling.
- Develops operational component forecasts and is able to explain variances. Responsible for component's accounting functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Food Service & Nutrition Management is required.
- Requires a minimum of 6+year’s progressive experience managing a multi-unit site operations with $1 - $2 million financial and operational responsibility for the sites / departments.
- Healthcare Food Service management, Environmental, Facility engineering role in large complex site preferred.
- Familiarity with PIDAC (Provincial Infectious Disease Advisory Committee) is an asset
- Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively with clients, customers of the client and support staff.
- Ability to write business letters, summaries and reports, using prescribed format and conform to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is desirable.
- Requires management and leadership skills and the ability to work with confidential employee, client, and Aramark information.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.The finalist candidate for this position will need to complete and successfully pass a Criminal Background Check and a Vulnerable Sector Screening (if the operations we service require this). If hired for this position, your continued employment with us would be conditional upon Aramark being satisfied that you have successfully cleared both these pre-conditions.