Employer: Kingwuu Food Ltd.
Position: Food Processing Supervisor– NOC 9213
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $58000 per annum
Hours: 40 per week
Work Location: 145 – 4200 No. 3 Road, Richmond, BC V6X 2C2
KINGWUU FOOD LTD. (Previously known as JING WU (B.C.) HOT & SPICY DUCK LTD.), is a Canadian food company, specializes in pot-stewed fowl. As the master franchisee of KINGWUU FOOD CHINA (www.jingwumeishi.com) in North America, we are directly running 2 stores: in Richmond and Burnaby. Also, through the rapid expansion and further development of our business in the past few years, we have successfully sub-franchised 4 other stores, which are located in Coquitlam, Victoria, Edmonton and Calgary.
We are looking for a Food Processing Supervisor to join our team. The Food Processing Supervisor will be responsible for supervising all kitchen workers, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all quality control procedures through food processing procedure, and also ensure all work performed adheres to all organizational standards, meet deadlines as well as health and safety regulations and guidelines. The Food Processing Supervisor is also responsible to oversee the processing of finished products by performing various types of quality checks throughout the day.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule day-to-day food production activities of the food processing department
- Handle daily operations of the food processing department, including budgeting
- Must ensure that all practices are conducted in a food safe manner and any food safety issues must be brought to senior management’s attention.
- Supervise the food production procedure with the objective of meeting food safety and quality requirements, while maintaining production efficiency.
- Responsible for accuracy and completeness of all food processing records.
- Monitor traceability of ingredients, quality of finished product, and verification of packaging.
- Train workers to perform and follow job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Perform inspections across all stages of production and maintain records of stock, sales, wastage, inventory and customer complain about food quality and taste
- Monitor the quality of raw materials, work-in-progress and finished products through physical and on-site quality verifications.
- Supervise pre-operational, mid-shift cleaning and ensure all food processing areas are clean and organized
- Identify areas for quality control improvement and implement new methods accordingly
- Present a professional and respectful attitude when dealing with both internal and external contacts, and work towards facilitating a team atmosphere within the company.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Food Sciences or relevant field is required
- Two years or more experience in a food industry is required
- Must have superior sense of taste
- In depth knowledge of the use of spices, herbs, and seasoning is required
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for food and manufacturing, quality, production, sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude. Ability to work as a team.
- Commitment to accuracy and detail oriented.
- Ability to perform under pressure and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks, superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Good analytical and logical problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills. Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to work flexible hours and accept additional responsibilities as needed
- Some travelling is required
- May require to work some evenings
How to Apply
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com. Overseas applicant welcomed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.