Food Service Worker I, Forensic Psychiatric Hospital
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services,$20.56 per hour
What you’ll do
- Set up food wagons and serve food by methods such as pre-portioning food in accordance with portion control guidelines, loading meals on food wagons and setting up nourishment trays, delivering wagons to the patient wards or fridge storage, and placing food on plates according to menus.
- Check and record food and fridge temperatures by inserting thermometer in edibles and reading fridge thermometers. Advise supervisor of discrepancies arising from the actual versus required food and beverage temperatures.
- Count, weigh and package food items. Prepare beverages and food items such as tea, coffee and toast; assemble items such as sandwiches and salads. Prepare fruits and vegetables by washing and cleaning, peeling and portioning.
- Prepare for and clean up from internal catering functions by methods such as setting up tea and coffee and any accompanying snacks such as cookies. Deliver the catering.
- Strip, rack and wash items such as dishes, pots, pans and utensils; operate dishwashing and/or pot washing machines; and stack clean dishes and utensils.
What you bring
- Grade 10 or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Food Safe Certificate.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
$20.56 per hour
70 Colony Farm Road, Port Coquitlam
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Rotating Days: 05:30 to 13:30/10:30 to 18:30
Requisition Number: 102699
What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.