|Title||Food Services Manager|
|Facility Name||Stanford Seniors Village|
|Job Category||Facility Management [General Managers][Departmental Managers]|
|Job Status||Full Time Regular|
|Position Summary||Reporting directly to facility General Manager, as a member of the facility leadership team the Food Service Manager is accountable for all aspects of the day to day delivery of Food services in accordance with established regulations and corporate standards and expectations|
The Food Service Manager provides oversight, supervision, and constructive direction to assigned staff and acts as a professional role model while representing the Food Service department.
|Responsibilities||Include but not limited to;|
1. Participates in the development of and ensures compliance with standard operating policies, procedures and other operational foundations required in the provision of Food Services.
2. Plans, directs and supervises the preparation and service of high quality food operating in compliance with related regulations including Licensing, Worksafe standards & best practices.
3. Participates in the management of assigned Food Services budgets.
4. Participates in the development of operational plans and goals for the department consistent with the facility / organization’s mission and strategic plan.
5. Performs ordering, receiving and related procurement tasks ensuring compliant application of procedures and polices.
6. Establishes and maintains inventory supply levels utilizing methods that minimize spoilage, loss and waste.
7. Hires, disciplines, recommends and / or participates in the termination of staff according to established HR polices and procedures.
8. Coordinates orientation for new and existing employees on work procedures and proper use of equipment
Coordinates Food Services related in-services and annual educational opportunities for staff such as WHMIS, fire procedures, injury prevention, and food safety.
10. Evaluates staff work performance by completing annual and probationary performance appraisals. Provides constructive support & guidance to employees in areas requiring improvement.
11. Ensure food preparation adheres to food safety principles to ensure resident safety.
12. Establishes work routines, and cleaning schedules.
13. Plans and delivers seasonal menus that are compliant with all related regulations, fit the residents nutritional and therapeutic needs, and meets the facility and resident’s expectations.
14. Develops and / or adjusts standardized recipes to ensure consistent high quality production outcomes including quality, nutritional & texture requirements, quantity, portion sizes, and resident satisfaction.
15. Coordinates regular department meetings and participates in facility based meetings such as site leadership, OH & S, and others as required.
16. Works with other facility departments in the planning & delivery of special events / meals and programs as required.
17. Plans, directs and implements contingency plans in response to emergencies and / or challenges to or interruptions in services.
18. Other related duties as required
|Qualifications||1. Graduation from a recognized program in Nutrition and Food Services Management|
2. Member in good standing or eligibility for membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management and/or Registered Dietician mandatory
3. Food Safe Level 1 mandatory; Level 2 an asset
4. A minimum of two years Food Services supervisory experience in a geriatric residential setting including direct experience managing staff.
5. Experience managing unionized staff an asset.
6. Current Serving It Right Certificate mandatory
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. High standards for customer service, food safety, & cleanliness.
2. Professional appearance, and good physical health
3. Demonstrated effective planning, time management and organizational skills
4. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
5. Ability to operate related kitchen equipment
6. Excellent written and oral English skills
7. Solid working knowledge of related office equipment and Windows based software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
8. Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
9. Ability to establish harmonious relationships with staff, residents, families, volunteers and visitors of the facility
10. Ability to operate related Housekeeping and Laundry equipment
11. Excellent written and oral English skills
12. Solid working knowledge of related office equipment and Windows based software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
13. Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and problem solve.
14. Ability to establish harmonious relationships with staff, residents, families, volunteers and visitors of the facility .