We’re a naan traditional company…
What is the recipe for a great career at FGF?
Working at FGF Brands, there is never a dull moment! As a successful company that is continually growing there is always challenging yet rewarding work to be a part of. We have an entrepreneurial mindset which encourages all our team members to use their own creativity and out of the box thinking to come up with solutions and new ideas.
Let’s be frank. FGF is not for everybody. Our culture is unique. We dive headfirst into the unknown. If you’re fun-loving, talented and fearless, we’re for you.
What FGF Offers:
- Disruptive and a naan-traditional mindset
- An inclusive and dynamic culture
- Accelerated career progression
- Commitment to learning and development
- Opportunity to be impactful
- Competitive compensation
Reporting to the Site Leader, Operations Leader, and the Shipping & Receiving Team Leader, the Team Member - Forklift Operator is responsible for operating a Raymond Reach Forklift in a safe and efficient manner within a food manufacturing environment.
In this position you will work in a team environment led by a Team Leader. You will support your Team Leader by demonstrating and practicing team work every day and respect all your fellow Team Members.
- Operates Raymond Reach and/or Counter Balance trucks to transport, stage, load/unload finished products/raw materials onto and off trailers
- Picking orders using the Raymond Reach truck and a RF scanner gun
- Operates pallet wrapping machines
- Works in a safe manner and follows all GMP’s, Safe Operating Procedures, and Health and Safety Policies as outlined by FGF at all times
- Ensures Operations Management System (OMS) procedures are being followed (entering inventory into the operating system)
- Responsible for daily inventory control
- Reports food safety/ quality problems to the Quality Assurance team
- Performs lift truck daily inspection as per standard operating procedures
- Ensures the flow of Finished Goods and packaging material is smooth during production on the floor
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have a valid (Raymond Reach) forklift operator license from a recognized training provider - a valid Counter Balance license is considered an asset
- 1 year of experience working in a manufacturing environment (food/bakery experience is desirable)
- RF scanning experience
- Ability to work in a freezer environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or distraction
- Accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to detect the presence of a quality issue
- Good communication skills (Paperwork and documentation are part of the job responsibilities)
- Must be punctual and flexible to work days, afternoons, nights & weekends if needed
We’re foodies and our passion is baked in…
- Customer and Product Centricity – You are always keeping our products front and center.
- Flexibility, Agility, Adaptability – You embrace speed, change and uncertainty.
- Team Work and Collaboration – You are a relationship builder.
- Passion for Excellence – You look for innovative solutions and challenges the status quo.
- Drives Execution – You are a risk taker!
counterbalance forklift, forklift driver, reach truck operator, ramond reach operator.
Follow us on LinkedIn Follow us on Glassdoor Follow us on Instagram
Disclaimer: The above describes the general responsibilities, required knowledge and skills. Please keep in mind that other duties may be added, or this description may be amended at any time.