Dosecann is a Canadian licensed dealer and a licenced testing laboratory for cannabis testing dedicated to developing Cannabis Solutions for the global cannabis industry. Dosecann has assembled a world-class team housed in a purpose-built, 55,000 square feet GMP compliant facility that will be the hub for cannabis extraction, product innovation and formulation.
Based out of Charlottetown PE and reporting to the Chief Scientific Officer (CSO), Dosecann LD. is currently seeking a Formulation Scientist to join their Dosecann’s Product Development team. The Product Development team is responsible for identifying and supporting proposals for potential new products, handling the in-house/out-of-house research and development (R&D) required for the development of new products, and overseeing all efforts to develop a safe and compliant product supported through analytical testing and sensory evaluation (where applicable).
The Formulation Scientist will focus on key research and development R&D areas and prepare new and improved cannabis products from the extract and topical class all the way from concept to commercialization. The successful candidate will possess practical formulation expertise and would be expected to carry out their responsibilities in a modern formulation laboratory with support from Dosecann’s internal Analytical Services laboratory and with third-party partners.
- Embody Auxly and Dosecann's mission, and strategy, and act in a responsible, ethical, and honest manner while consistently leading by example.
- Become a key member of the Product Development team supporting new product development and Product risk profile assessments.
- Participate in problem solving for formulations and processes.
- Execute and perform formulation preparations in support of new product development.
- Develop and/or execute any required formulation related product stability testing with analytical services and third-party partners.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with external vendors to collect information and perform analysis for selection of raw materials, equipment/technologies, and packaging solutions.
- Participate in training, qualification of equipment, and writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Plan, perform, and interpret results of experiments and projects, ensure data quality and complete report summaries.
- Communicate progress of work to peers and mangers in the form of presentations and reports as required.
- Apply scientific problem-solving skills and utilize all available resources to proactively implement solutions and adopt industry best practices.
- Work according to the Dosecann QMS system to ensure compliance with internal and external regulatory guidelines (e.g., SOP’s, GMP, HSE).
- Perform additional related duties as assigned and as operationally required.
- B.Sc. degree or Graduate degree in Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Sciences or equivalent, with 3-5 years’ experience with product formulation development.
- Previous work experience developing formulations including emulsion or drug delivery technologies.
- Experience interpreting results and summarizing results in well written scientific reports and presentations.
- Effective time-management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced dynamic start-up environment.
- Continuous Improvement mindset: ability to troubleshoot issues, foresee problems and proactively seek solutions.
- Must have aptitude and analytical abilities as it applies to preparing formulations such as topicals, tinctures, capsules/tablets.
- Practical experience in a GPP/GMP environment developing new product formulations (Cannabis, Natural Health Products or Pharmaceuticals).
- Understanding of pharmaceutical formulation science, equipment, and processes.
- Experience with development and commercialization of product formulations.
- Work experience with general formulation related testing including, but not limited to Rheology, Lipolysis, DLS (particle size measurement), Disintegration, Dissolution, Penetration Assays, as well as wet chemistry tests (pH, water content, viscosity, density, freezing point, titrations etc.).
- Practical experience working with internal and external clients in a courteous and effective manner.
- Knowledge of animal models and human clinical studies that can support product claims and regulatory filings.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyways. We would love to talk and determine together whether you could be a great fit.
Dosecann is committed to complying with the highest standards of practice in our industry. It is an ongoing condition of employment that all employees comply with these standards and Company Polices and that all employees understand and are equally committed to upholding our commitment to abide by such standards and policies.
Dosecann is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We provide accommodation for job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.