How will you make an impact?
With 70000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we’re helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser focused on delivering our customer value proposition—accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What you will do?
In this role you will develop new formulations, processes, and scale-up procedures of solid and semi-solid dosage forms at the pre-clinical, clinical, scale up, registration and validation stages of drug development. You will coordinate Pharmaceutics and Process Technology (PPT) project activities.
- Perform manufacturing activities including set-up, run and cleaning of equipment and rooms
- Participates in or leads the design/evaluation of formulations and manufacturing processes for solid, semi-solid, or liquid dosage forms.
- Writes development reports.
- Participates in or leads problem solving for formulations, equipment, and processes.
- Writes protocols and manufacturing cards for feasibility and clinical trial materials.
- Writes and ensures timely execution of protocols and provision of results in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices and company standards.
- Presents interpreted results and updates to Business Development, Client Services, Pharmaceutical Development Services (PDS), Operations, and individual clients.
How will you get there?
- Minimum Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in pharmaceutical science or technology.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical formulation/technology.
- Demonstrable understanding of formulations and processes (from laboratory to production scale) and familiarity with the drug development process.
- Solid, semi-solid and liquid product experience.
- Demonstrable Good Manufacturing Practices and United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) compliance knowledge.
- Computer proficiency.
- Strong organizational skills.Able to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Established interpersonal and communication skills.
- In this role it is essential to perform shift work.
- Proficiency with the English language.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.