Our Marketing Teams at Best Buy Canada are home to some of the most creative and strategic thinkers in the company. From graphic designers to writers, media analysts to the managers who bring it all together, Marketing is made up of diverse and talented people all committed to one goal: building lasting relationships with our customers.
The Bilingual Copy Editor works closely with Copy Editors, Translators and Production Artists to proof both English and French advertising materials. The Bilingual Copy Editor edits and approves the product copy for advertising submitted through the Retail Marketing database and pro-actively identifies opportunities to improve advertising content through merchant education.
As a Bilingual Copy Editor you will…
- Ensure the accuracy and consistency of product description in the PIM system, including product copy and digital assets for advertising channels
- Proof internally created advertising and promotional materials, including flyers, signage, eNewsletters, special projects, and edit them for consistency, accuracy, spelling, grammar and adherence to brand and production standards
- Provide feedback on copy, disclaimers, image and logo standards in a clear, coherent manner so internal stakeholders can understand and fulfill these requirements
- Process and produce correction notices when errors are found in advertising materials and work to develop preventive actions for continuous improvement
- Pro-actively identify opportunities to improve advertising content through stakeholder education
- Respect, reinforce and revise advertising production processes, proofing processes, department workflows, and brand style guides to achieve maximum efficiency
- Translate advertising flyer for the Quebec market and Employee News for the Quebec stores, using SDL Trados Studio 2019
We hope you are passionate about…
- Copy editing – you love to review documentation and pay attention to the details
- Quality control – you are committed to consistency and apply a lense of accuracy and precision
- Customer experience - communication and relationship-building come easy to you
- Adapting to challenge and change - you gracefully navigate any situation you dive into and are always looking for areas of improvement
The experience we need…
- Bilingual in French and English with impeccable grammar skills
- Bachelor´s Degree in English/French studies, Communications, Marketing or a related field
- Experience in the retail industry
- Knowledge of the Quebec market
- Experience with product information management (PIM) and digital asset management (DAM) systems
We believe technology is amazing and aspire to enhance our customers’ lives through technology – anywhere, anytime.