Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Technology & Services (ETS) delivers shared technology services for the Firm supporting all business applications and end users. ETS provides capabilities for all stages of the Firm’s software development lifecycle, enabling productive coding, functional and integration testing, application releases, and ongoing monitoring and support for over 3,000 production applications.
ETS also delivers all workplace technologies (desktop, mobile, voice, video, productivity, intranet/internet) in integrated configurations that boost the personal productivity of our employees. Application and end user services are delivered on a scalable, secure, and reliable infrastructure composed of seamlessly integrated datacenter, network, compute, cloud, storage, and database services.
Morgan Stanley is looking for a hands-on web engineer to join the firmwide developer tools and systems group, MSDE. MSDE is responsible for shaping the SDLC within Morgan Stanley by implementing the tools, systems, and processes used by all developers across the globe for software development and deployment.
The candidate will be working with a global team of experts on adding features and improving functionality of the Firm’s SDLC platform - Train. Train is used by thousands of developers, across a diverse set of programming languages, technology stacks, and platforms, and is continually evolved to stay current with the state of art in SDLC practices and tooling.
The candidate will drive the adoption of best practices and tooling for developing and testing web applications through the Train. In addition to hands-on web development experience and breadth of technical skills, the right candidate will also have a good understanding of current best practices in web application architecture and web application testing.
Prior experience in the financial industry is not required; candidates from software companies are welcome.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with web application unit testing frameworks. (Jasmine, Mocha, etc.).
- Deep expertise with web standards, APIs and cross-browser compatibility.
- Passionate about keeping current with and driving adoption of best practices and tooling for developing and testing web applications.
- Highly technical and passionate about SDLC tooling and processes. Familiar with best practices regarding GIT, code review and release management.
- Experience developing Chrome extensions.
- Experience with end-to-end / functional testing with tools such as Protractor / Selenium.
- Experience developing tools and components to integrate with systems for source control (particularly enterprise-scale git), build automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery, change management, IDEs, or large-scale software distribution.
- Interested in getting to bottom of things - to understand how they work and why.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.