Position: Fruit Farm Worker
Salary: $17.5 per hour
Hours: 40 hours per week
Employment type: full time, permanent
Work Locations: 7600 No.5 Road, Richmond, BC, Canada V6Y 2V2 and
10288 Granville Ave, Richmond, BC Canada V6Y 1R4
Garden in Gardens Greenhouse Ltd. is one of largest retail and wholesale garden center in Great Vancouver, have been in business since 2004. We offer quality products and services to homeowners, contractors, commercial properties, and strata management companies in Greater Vancouver. Garden in Gardens is Richmond-based service company. We have 4 farms including 1 blueberry farm, 3 nursery farms and several greenhouses with over 20 acres of plants, shrubs, trees, fruit trees and more and we offer competitive prices and high-quality products.
With our business expansion, we are seeking a Fruit Farm Worker to join our company to work on our blueberry farm and also on our main farm. Our main location is 7600 No.5 Road, Richmond, BC, Canada, the blueberry farm is located at 10288 Granville Ave, Richmond, BC Canada. You will work between these two farms, and we will provide the transportation or pay for your transportation cost.
- Plant, cultivate, spray, and harvest
- Drive and operates farm machinery
- Pruning, trimming, and watering plants and trees
- Spray or dust plants with insecticides and fungicides
- Maintain facilities and farm infrastructure such as equipment, road, etc.
- Repair and maintain irrigation system
- Report signs of insect or disease damage
- Check product quality and prepare for the market
- Assist in grafting activities
- Pick blueberries during harvest
- Clean working areas
- Handling heavy loads; Load or unload agricultural products into trucks
- Adhering to hygienic and sanitation policies and follow all safety regulations
- Performing other tasks as needed
- Secondary education
- Experience in fruit farming is an asset
- Ability to lift 30-40 pounds
- Ability to work outdoors for the entirety of the shift
- Ability to stand all day
- Excellent personal hygiene
- Ability to repetitive tasks with a high level of quality
- Ability to bend, walk, lift, crouch
- Able to work independently and as a team
How to apply:
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.