Position: Physician Assistant
Hours:Various rotating 8 & 12 hour shifts *Hours are subject to change based on operational requirements
Are you ready to work with a dynamic, committed patient care team serving one of the fastest growing communities in Canada? Nestled at the foot of the beautiful Niagara Escarpment, Milton offers a unique blend of urban and rural living. Surrounded by farmland, orchards, golf courses and horse stables, this growing city is a mere 30 minutes to Pearson International Airport and 40 minutes to downtown Toronto.Halton Healthcare, Milton site is recruiting a Physician Assistant for our Emergency Department.
Milton District Hospital (MDH) is a fully accredited acute care hospital which includes a combined Medical/Surgical Unit, Complex Continuing Care, ICU, Operating Rooms, Obstetrics, and an Emergency Department which services approximately 36,000 visits annually. MDH is supported by specialists in surgery, medicine, obstetrics, paediatrics, and psychiatry.
- A new patient care building to offer priority clinical services, including critical care, maternal newborn, diagnostic imaging, emergency, surgery and inpatient beds;
- Increasing inpatient beds from 63 to 129, including more single-patient rooms for improved infection prevention and increased patient privacy;
- A state of the art Emergency Department triple to size of the current facility;
- The addition of the hospital’s first Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) machine;
- A Special Care Nursery with capacity for eight bassinettes in the Maternal Newborn Unit.
This is what you’ll be doing :
Collaborative reporting structure to the Physician Director of Emergency Director and the Emergency Department Patient Care Manager.
As a PA, you will work as part of our team in our well-equipped Emergency Department. Our site is supported by specialists in surgery, medicine, obstetrics, paediatrics, and psychiatry. While working with a team of health professionals in an inter-professional collaborative model and under the supervision of a physician, your role will include but not be limited to:
- Conducting patient interviews and taking medical histories;
- Performing physical examinations and interpret findings;
- Organizing laboratory and diagnostic investigations;
- Performing certain acts under medical directives delegated to you by a physician;
- Counselling patients on preventative healthcare;
- Organizing follow-up;
- Performing other duties within your competencies as a physician assistant.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviors and attitudes.
- Must be aPA Ontario Graduate from either McMaster or Consortium education program ;
- Certified or eligible to be certified through the PACC;
- Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS certification and NALS certification is preferred.
- Must have at least1 year of current Emergency Experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with respect in both a verbal and written format with patients, public, colleagues and other health disciplines
- Demonstrated competency to perform complete and appropriate clinical assessment and development of a treatment plan in accordance with medical directives
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative medical model of care with all members of the health care team
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
Date Posted:June 18, 2020
Internal applications due by:June 25, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.