Department: Mental Health - Outpatient Services
Hours: Monday to Friday – Days & Evenings, 8 Hour Shifts,8:30 am to 4:30 pm and/or 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm (subject to change based on operational requirements)
Site: Georgetown (must be able to work from other sites if required)
This is what you'll be doing:
Provide administrative support to the psychiatrists,managers,and clinicians of theMental Health - Outpatient Services Program and coverage of other secretarial positions as required. Handle all incoming calls and enquiries. Receive, log and book referrals. Type reports, letters, and notes for file. Patient reception, register patients and visits via Meditech. Maintain workload statistics. Set up, maintain and close patient files.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Minimum grade 12 education required.
- Medical Office Administration diploma from a recognized College and/or recent comparable clerical experience in a mental health setting required
- M inimum of 1 year relevant experience required
- Must have Word, Meditech and a willingness to upgrade computer skills as changes to the position
- Experience working in a mental health program is an asset
- Ability/knowledge to use e-scheduler is an asse t
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and customer service skills.
- Skills must include diplomacy, initiative, maturity and judgment.
- Must be able to prioritize competing demands in a busy, sometimes stressful environment.
- Must be able to type 30 words per minute
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record.
Date Posted: June 2, 2020
Internal Applications due by: June 9, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.