We offer competitive wages along with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick pay, company RRSP/DPSP and much more.
Please note: This position is based out of 200 Discovery Place, Winnipeg,MB R2R 0P7
- Oversee all facets of the operation to ensure products get properly picked, packaged, and delivered to customers on time. Direct daily delivery operations, staffing and resources to accomplish delivery schedule within the assigned delivery area(s). Achieve the performance goals and objectives set for assigned location (s).
- Act as a change agent by analyzing and making improvement recommendations to established processes and procedures in both warehouse and delivery operation.
- Read, understand and analyze daily, weekly, and monthly operational reports. Use these reports to evaluate department’s performance. Compute figures to accurately plan/adjust headcount to meet department’s objectives
- Develop productivity & accuracy standards and follow-up to ensure acceptable quality control standards are met.
- Ensure that associates are trained on safe work practices. Ensure that those safe work practices are followed to support a safe work environment.
- Work closely with all call center/customer care leaders to ensure timely notification of delivery issues to be communicated with customers. Serve as a resource to other NAD operations management associates to resolve delivery problems
- Evaluate and develop operational policies and procedures to ensure the most efficient and effective processing of delivery orders; control of damages, errors and mis-picks; and excellence in customer service levels.
- Analyze projected sales/deliveries and plan for adequate staffing and equipment
- Monitor facility technical needs are adequately and maintain equipment to ensure operational readiness
- Develop staff to be capable of coaching, counseling and motivating Associates to attain optimum performance, productivity levels, and associate engagement. Conduct timely and valuable performance reviews. Ensure communication and teamwork among staff to aid in the accomplishment of the department objectives. Plan and provide for continued on the job training for all FC and Delivery Associates.
- Ensure that all Company and HR policies and practices are communicated to associates and practiced consistently (i.e. Ready to Serve policy, Workers Comp programs, Frameworks, Wage Review Analysis, etc). Enforce conformity with all governmental guidelines and provincial laws.
- Monitor in-stock position and react to inventory needs to ensure delivery standards are met. Develop and maintain inventory/security controls to prevent shrinkage and shortages. Conduct semi-annual inventories and report results.
- Act as a Corporate Citizen, representing the FC and Staples in a positive and professional manner. Responsible for customer facing, giving tours, and acting as point person for the FC to guests and visitors.
- Primarily working in fulfillment centre with exposure to cold and heat
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related discipline (i.e. logistics, engineering or business)
- 5 to 10 years of progressive experience in warehouse and delivery operation. (Minimum 5 years at management level)
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented.
- Must have the ability to provide guidance and work direction to motivate others and maintain improved operational performance and associate engagement levels.
- High degree of experience and comfort with various warehouse and delivery technologies (pick-to-voice, barcode technologies, GPS, POD, etc.)
- Possesses a sense of urgency required in a deadline driven environment and ability to prioritize appropriately
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer and an accommodation will be provided during the hiring process if requested.