Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Technology & Services (ETS) delivers shared technology services for the Firm supporting all business applications and end users. ETS provides capabilities for all stages of the Firm’s software development lifecycle, enabling productive coding, functional and integration testing, application releases, and ongoing monitoring and support for over 3,000 production applications.
ETS also delivers all workplace technologies (desktop, mobile, voice, video, productivity, intranet/internet) in integrated configurations that boost the personal productivity of our employees. Application and end user services are delivered on a scalable, secure, and reliable infrastructure composed of seamlessly integrated datacenter, network, compute, cloud, storage, and database services.
The Data Engineering team is responsible for data container and data transmission systems inside Morgan Stanley.
We are looking for a junior to intermediate software developer to be responsible for the design, architecture, implementation, enhancement and maintenance of Java based software applications.
These applications help achieve efficiency in supporting and scaling out the use of commercial Business Intelligence software systems that are used inside Morgan Stanley. You will be working in a small team of software developers on a variety of challenging projects. We offer a collaborative and supportive environment where innovation and technical leadership are highly valued.
The position requires on call coverage outside business hours one week a month. Occasional software deployment will be required on weekends (no more than 1 weekend a month). The hours will be adjusted within the team to accommodate for the extended coverage.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in Java enterprise development (J2EE, Spring, Tomcat, Jetty)
- Web technologies (SOAP and REST).
- Experience with SQL databases (RDBMS)
- Relational database design.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with an analytical mindset.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Can create detailed design documentation as well as documentation to assist end users.
- Comfortable working on multiple software applications in an environment where you must balance competing priorities.
Nice to Have:
- Comfortable in configuring and running Java applications on Linux (RHEL)
- Familiarity with SDKs for SAP Business Objects, QlikView, Tableau and/or Tibco Data Virtualization
- Business Intelligence development experience in reporting and analytics in SAP Business Objects, Crystal Reports, QlikView and / or Tableau
- C# (ASP.NET)
- Web (IIS)
- Experience working with networks
- Comfortable with the Windows Server OS (2012 and 2016)
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.