Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Corporate and Funding Technology is comprised of three primary areas: Operations & Risk, Corporate and Client Financing.
- Operations & Risk helps the Firm’s businesses while maintaining a strong risk profile. The group includes Operations, Funding, Finance and Risk Technology.
- Corporate improves our operating environment and is made up of Legal, Compliance & Corporate Governance, Digital & Corporate Communications and Human Resources Technology groups.
- Client Financing platforms provide technology and service to our hedge fund and Asia high-net-worth clients. Groups include Prime Brokerage, Private Wealth Management Asia and Counterparty Risk Technology.
The Control Group development team is responsible for providing tools that support Morgan Stanley’s Information Barriers which are established policies and procedures intended to prevent the misuse of inside information and avoid conflicts of interest. The team supports applications that track situations where Morgan Stanley is in receipt of material non-public information, maintain the Watch and restricted lists, and in-tandem with Firm trade data, generate surveillance reports that monitor trading against these respective lists.
In the coming years we will be focusing on the renovation of our technology stack. We are focused on building applications that are stable and easy to use, and we often make use of a user interface designer to help with the usability of our applications. Some of the applications may need to be accessible on either mobile or desktop. This role will be part of the team that will develop and support these applications.
As such, we are looking for a strong full stack Java developer to join our development .
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience as a software developer and/or other similar relevant experience
- Must have 5+ years strong experience with Java development
- Must have 2+ years strong experience with Angular JS development
- Established technical knowledge in software development methodologies and implementation utilizing Java technology stack.
- Strong experience with SQL database development
- Established technical knowledge in software development life cycle and Agile methodologies
Personal Skills Required:
- Strong communication skills and able to work cross-functionally
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple deliverables
- Committed to high-quality work
- Self-motivated individual and creative problem solver
- Asks pointed questions that clarify business requirements
- Experience with DB2
- Experience with Scala, Spark
- Strong experience with source control tools like Git and common IDE’s like Eclipse
- Knowledge of Autosys, Unix commands and scripting
- Knowledge of financial products
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.