A Storied Past and an Exciting Future
Join our Great Place to Work certified organization today!
Guided by our Values and Beliefs, Woodbine Entertainment commits to providing an authentic and empowering work experience!
As a world-class racing industry leader, we need passionate and exceptional people to join us as we create a sustainable future for horse racing while transforming our sites into premier gaming, recreation, work / life and entertainment facilities.
Working together as part of a united team, our people play a vital role in creating an exciting future for our company and the sport of horse racing in Ontario. Please reach out if you're ready to embrace change and be part of a new breed of experience while working for one of Canada’s certified Great Places to Work!
Date Posted: April 30, 2019
What your week looks like:
Woodbine Entertainment Group is seeking a dynamic, welcoming Gaming Beverage Server to join our Hospitality team at Mohawk Racetrack. Key responsibilities will include excellent customer service, operational, communication and hospitality skills such as serving guests, presenting the product specials and menu, providing support in understanding, as well as other operational and inventory tasks related. Success in this role will be demonstrated through a friendly demeanor, knowledgeable direction and ability to WOW Every Guest!
In this role, your responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Deliver, maintain and exceed customer service quality standards as established by Hospitality Department
• Invite guests to experience services and specially featured products and promotions
• Present menu and specials of the day
• Take and serve all beverages and cocktails and relay to bar/kitchen using POS system
• Garnish food / beverage items for general and specific requests
• Be accessible at all times to ensure additional requests are met and soiled dishes and glassware are removed
• Adhere to Smart Serve and Alcohol and Gaming Commission regulations
• Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all services and food and beverage menu items including daily specials (in required locations)
• Advise Supervisor of guest compliments and complaints immediately
• Regularly clean and stock service area
• Uphold and comply with department policies, practices
• Conduct inventory and complete other checklists as assigned
• Advise Supervisor of any occurrences which may impede operational efficiency
• Lead by example, to exhibit, encourage and motivate WEG’s Values and Beliefs
What you'll do:
• University or college degree/diploma in Hospitality or in progress is an asset
• Minimum one (1) year of restaurant/customer service experience in a similar environment
• Smart Serve certification a requirement
• Must be able to work in a noisy environment
• Able to lift up to 75 lbs.
This is a full-time, hourly, unionized position working the evening shift based out of Mohawk Park Racetrack in Milton, ON. The hours of work will be during the evenings. We will be committed to offering you an employment experience for a company that values its people and strives to continue to create and support winning horse racing experiences for everyone!
So what’s the first step to your exciting new career with WEG?
We are accepting online applications and welcome all qualified people interested in this opportunity. While we appreciate and value all applicants, only those who will be selected to interview will be contacted.
Woodbine Entertainment Group is committed to supporting an inclusive, barrier- free recruitment and selection process in a work environment where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
If you are contacted by a member of our team, please advise if you require any accommodation with respect to WEG’s recruitment, selection and or/assessment process used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.