At J. D. Irving, Limited we provide unlimited career opportunities in a team based collaborative environment, and help you achieve your professional goals through ongoing development opportunities. We are focused on continuous improvement, and use leading edge technology. We offer a wide range of health and wellness programs to our employees and their families, and are proud supporters of our communities. Come join us to grow your career!
We are currently seeking candidates for full time seasonal opportunities, within our Evergreen Gardens and Landscaping team, located in Saint John, New Brunswick.
Landscape Maintenance Technicians-
• Maintain and grow the garden to ensure it meets specific requirements and expectations through spring, summer and fall including preparation for winter.
• Perform basic maintenance such as cutting the grass, edging, and composting, managing weed and pest control and clean up.
• Plant and maintain flowers, and various plants, including both annuals and perennials.
• Manage maintenance schedule for gardening equipment and supplies.
• Provide guidance to owners on matters related to the garden, including the costs of plants and garden necessities.
• High school diploma or equivalent, and preferably, post-secondary training in horticulture, or previous experience, preferably 3 to 5 years, in a similar role.
• A certificate or diploma in horticulture or a related discipline are an asset.
• Ability to handle a range of horticultural machinery and powered hand tools.
• In-depth knowledge of plants and gardening techniques.
• Friendly personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Self starter and ability to work independently as well as manage an assistant groundskeeper.
• Solid understanding of health and safety rules and legislation.
• Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience.
• Full time seasonal position from May to November
• Hours of work 7:30 am to 5 pm daily Monday to Friday
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.