We are searching for a competent and reliable Gardener to maintain our private residential gardens. You will be responsible for overseeing and performing all general maintenance tasks related to the garden including planting flowers and shrubs and conducting regular pruning. To succeed in this role, you should be physically capable of handling small to medium size gardening equipment. The ideal candidate will be friendly, professional and possess in-depth knowledge of effective gardening techniques.
Location: Rothesay Private Residential Property
- Maintain and grow the garden to ensure it meets specific requirements and expectations through spring, summer and fall including preparation for winter.
- Perform basic maintenance such as cutting the grass, edging, and composting, managing weed and pest control and clean up.
- Plant and maintain flowers, and various plants, including both annuals and perennials.
- Manage maintenance schedule for gardening equipment and supplies.
- Provide guidance to owners on matters related to the garden, including the costs of plants and garden necessities.
- High school diploma or equivalent, and preferably, post-secondary training in horticulture, or previous experience, preferably 3 to 5 years, in a similar role.
- A certificate or diploma in horticulture or a related discipline are an asset.
- Ability to handle a range of horticultural machinery and powered hand tools.
- In-depth knowledge of plants and gardening techniques.
- Friendly personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self starter and ability to work independently as well as manage an assistant groundskeeper.
- Solid understanding of health and safety rules and legislation.
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with training and experience.
- Full time seasonal position from May to November
- Hours of work 7:30 am to 5 pm daily Monday to Friday
- Interested candidates please reply with resume to email@example.com