Calgary Co-op's businesses include a wide variety of departments ranging from Food, Petroleum, Wine Spirits and Beer, Pharmacy, Home Heath Care and Cannabis. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities for all ages in several locations in and around the Calgary, Airdrie, Strathmore and High River areas. So, wherever you live and whatever your skills, we'd love to have you join our co-operative team, and become part of a company whose roots run deep into the heart of the communities we serve.
We're currently seeking a Supervisor to join our Gas Bar team! This position reports directly to the Gas Bar Manager, and some of the main responsibilities include;
- Provides supervision / direction to staff in the Gas Bar
- Ensures daily functions are carried out in an organized and efficient manner.
- Ensures that health and safety rules and regulations are followed.
- Technical training (e.g. orientation, commodity specific functions, etc) with day-to-day instruction.
- Application of effective customer service techniques.
- Participates in program implementation.
What skills and abilities will you need to be considered?
- Grade 12 education or acceptable combination of experience and education.
- Six (6) months of gas bar experience or equivalent retail experience, with strong product knowledge
- Basic receiving, ordering and merchandising skills
- Basic Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be fluent in English (CLBA-Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment score of 5 or higher)
What skills and abilities will set you apart from others?
- Related post secondary education
- Experience in supervising others, planning, and organizing events, projects or programs
- Propane ticket (Current and up to date PGAC 100-1 training)
- Cash handling experience
Benefits & Perks
Calgary Co-op has excellent opportunities for increasing levels of responsibility, personal growth and challenge. We offer competitive wages, paid vacations, employee discounts, a recognition program, social committee events, employee and family assistance plan, and a scholarship program. As well as numerous training and development programs.
We believe that if we take care of our team members, our team members will take care of our business.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Events
- Merchandise Discounts
- Flexible Schedules
- Professional Development
- Paid sick days