Jobsite: Huxley, AB
Project Start Date: Estimated to begin the week of May 14th
Position Summary: Perform tasks involving physical labour at construction project site. May operate hand and power tools of all types, such as air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments. May clean and prepare sites, set braces and frames, pour and finish concrete, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris, etc. May assist other craft workers.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Applicants who have passed a Construction Safety Training System (CSTS-09) course preferred.
- Must be able to climb vertically and work at heights in excess of 45 metres (~150 feet).
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 kilograms (~70 pounds) on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to perform physical work that requires frequent use of arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and material handling.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a normal range of hearing and vision.
- Must wear required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Must abide by all field safety rules and work with supervisors on performing all tasks in the safest manner.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the jobsite.
- Previous construction and carpentry experience preferred.
Pay Rate: Based on experience and qualifications. Time and one-half for overtime hours worked. We do not pay per diem, provide relocation assistance, or housing for this position.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 5:30pm. Weekend work and additional daily work may be required.
Application: To apply online, click "apply".
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities that are required of the employee. Responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice. Todd & Sargent is an equal opportunity employer.