At Andrew Peller Limited (APL), we deliver the perfect brand experience for every lifestyle, occasion, and generation. Through collaboration, open communication, honesty, drive to win, and accountability, we inspire teammates to be extraordinary every day.
Who We Are
We are one of Canada's largest and oldest wine companies with a rich heritage in quality winemaking.
We produce some of Canada's most recognized brands and offer our teammates a challenging and rewarding employment experience.
We are seeking extraordinary, enthusiastic General Labourers to join our Kelowna team. Our Winery is located in the heart of Kelowna between downtown and Knox Mountain, Calona Winery has the distinction of being British Columbia's original winery. As a pioneer in the BC wine industry, Calona leads the way to higher levels of craftsmanship and professionalism. Calona's wines are award-winning, rivaling the world's most established names to prove the Okanagan Valley is at the international forefront of fine wine production.
Reporting into the Department Supervisors, we are recruiting for General Labourers, to work in our Cellars and Packaging departments, who will be responsible for delivering according to established cellar and production schedules in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
We are looking for a teammate with:
- Grade 12 with previous experience working in a fast-paced, physically demanding manufacturing environment
- Forklift experience and/or forklift certification is desirable but will train suitable candidates.
- Self-motivated, organized, have good mechanical/mathematical skills, attention to detail, and technical aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Actively support and promote a culture focused on Health and Safety, environmental enhancement as well adhere to HACCP requirements and the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Must be willing to work all shifts (day, afternoon or night shifts) and work under minimal supervision. Some work may occur in cold, damp conditions, and sometimes at heights; capable of performing all duties with a sense of urgency and with a positive, team-oriented approach
- Able to lift to 50 lbs.
- A passion for working in a winery manufacturing facility and is interested in learning about wine
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holiday work required with increased frequency during harvest
This teammate will be accountable for:
- Working on various production lines, operating packaging equipment (fillers, labelers, automated case packers) in the manufacturing facility
- Completing quality testing to ensure products meet or exceed specifications
- Following work tickets to accomplish specified wine making tasks
- Unloading wine from delivery trucks and transferring wine volumes throughout Cellars
- Work in the grape processing area (mostly outside) during Harvest, operating a forklift loading and unloading trucks with grape bins (empty and full), washing and re-stacking bins
- Processing grapes (includes dumping grapes into hoppers, cleaning & re-stacking bins, preparing and making additions to the grapes, presses, tanks, etc.).
- Moving pumps and hoses into place to pump product.
- Maintains a safe work environment; participates in a variety of committee meetings as a representative of the department
This is a Unionized role and belongs to the SEIU Local 2 Branch Local 300 Union.
Opportunity to move into a full-time position.
Starting Hourly Rate: $17.00 with increases to $22.40 when designated to work on a full time basis as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
*Please submit a detailed resume outlining your qualifications no later than May 30, 2020.
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications, and employment.