Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at December 31, 2017, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec ( cdpq.com ), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com .
Department: Conestoga Mall
Position type: Salaried
We’ve got an exciting opportunity within our Retail platform for those interested in joining retail property management. If you’ve got previous experience in hospitality or have managed a tourism/entertainment destination in the past, we’ve got the opportunity for you! It’s an exciting time for Retail and we are looking for our next General Manager, someone to propel us to the next level in retail experience at Conestoga Mall. The General Manager, Conestoga Mall will be responsible for the management of a regional fashion and lifestyle centre in Waterloo, Ontario.
- The primary function of the role is to secure the maximum possible return over the medium to long term from Ivanhoé Cambridge’s investment, and to ensure that the property is maintained and administered at an optimal level;
- The Incumbent will have solid financial acumen and understand how to manage financial targets, budgeting and control. The General Manager will strategically add value to the properties by identifying unconventional revenue streams, acting as the local asset manager of the property by choosing the right expenditures and opportunities to add value;
- Solid leadership skills will be key as the GM will be responsible for managing, motivating and developing a multidisciplinary team of direct and indirect reports;
- Having ultimate responsibility for the Centre’s tenant and public relations, Customer Service skills are paramount in ensuring a culture of excellence in servicing stakeholders;
- As a generalist the GM must have a broad perspective of the business and how different areas of expertise interrelate. A collaborative approach will be key in working with subject matter experts (Leasing, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Building Operations) to support the business goals. An understanding of team player motivations and group dynamics are essential attributes for this leadership role.
- 8+ years of experience in property management, hospitality, tourism or entertainment, along with a university degree, Business major preferred;
- Must possess exceptional managerial, leadership, multi-tasking, communication and customer service skills;
- An established track record in successfully managing large projects and a proven track record building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience working in a highly entrepreneurial environment and the personal commitment and motivation to be part of a successful team on a long-term basis;
- Ability to present and communicate ideas and concepts at all levels;
- Solid networker;
- Innovative and Creative;
- Strong business acumen.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of Canada’s 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.