General Manager Interior Construction Contractor Brampton $150,000 plus package.
Your new company
Our client is seeking a General Manager to oversee an established Interior Contracting for ICI clients. Manage and grow a small team of construction professionals. The General Manager effectively manages and coordinates with consultants, contractors, and other team members on multiple time-sensitive projects while overseeing, mentoring, and ensuring quality, schedule and budgets, and providing overall leadership to all team members within the department.
Your new role
* Develop, plan, and implement strategy to staff a number of positions within the department, including estimators, project managers, administrators, and trades people
* Work with Key Stakeholders on department strategy, direction, and goals
* Estimate, Manage, and Complete residential, commercial, and industrial projects
* Review designs, specifications, and create tender packages
* Maintain and manage plans, specifications, costs, budgets, subcontractor contracts and change orders, and other reporting as may be required
* Attend industry events, trade shows, dinners, and other outings both locally and regionally
* Monitor on-site construction activity, develop schedules, manage trades, ensure timely completion with quality as the top priority
* Effectively communicate with all stakeholders, clients, staff, and subcontractors
* Create and maintain departmental operating budget
* Monitor and sign-off on file close-out, warranty, deficiency lists, and other documents related to each project
* Work with corporate health and safety to ensure compliance with occupational health and safety, enforcement as necessary
* Seek out opportunities for new markets, regions, clients, segments, and report to the executive team
* Find efficiencies and cost savings on a regular basis
* Coaching and mentorship of team members, implement strategies to attract new staff, and retention of existing staff
* Work with other intra-company departments on projects, strategies, marketing material, and other requirements.
* Develop an internal resource of tools, equipment, fleet service vehicles, and materials to meet current and future client needs.
* Meet with existing client to review needs and discuss solutions
* Research and recommend software and operating systems for the department, specific to the needs at hand, and with future needs and growth in mind.
What you'll need to succeed
* Proven History and Experience in a Senior Leadership role within the Construction Industry
* Excellent Communication Skills both written and verbal
* Strong Analytical and Project Management Skills, Strategic Mindset with ability to make difficult decisions
* A Team-Player, work as a team with both internal and external stakeholders, staff, and clients.
* Demonstrated sense of urgency with a strong commitment to achieving goals and objectives
* Honesty and Integrity are integral keys to success
* Strong knowledge and understanding of both Residential and ICI construction, specific to contracts, budgets, schedules, plans and designs, process, and physical construction - building code, trade-specific knowledge.
* Strong computer and technology skills
* Strong Management and Mentoring skills, along with leadership experience
* Ability to Travel
* Successful completion of post-secondary education in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Architecture, Business, or Equivalent Level of Education / Combination of Experience
* 15+ Years experience in the Residential and ICI Construction Industry in the Canadian Market
* Clean Criminal Background
* Clean Driver's Abstract
What you'll get in return
$120 000 - $150 000 plus vehicle and bonuses
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Vehicle + Bonus