Our client is actively searching for a General Manager to oversee the administration, production and growth of their metal fabrication facility. As the successful candidate you will be responsible for:
- Directing, managing, and optimize the overall operations of the production facility.
- Able to drive the performance of the plant to increase production to meet and/or exceed established targets
- Able to set policies and makes decisions guiding productivity, quality, and cost efficiency of plant operations
- Establish systems to collect metrics, analyze productivity and set performance targets that will increase gross margins and meet revenue and cost goals
- Leads the development and deployment of manufacturing practices focused on quality and continuous improvement.
- Overall responsibility for the plant maintenance based on best practices with an emphasis on preventative & predictive maintenance while planning/scheduling in coordination with operations
- Monitors and manages the use and inventory of spare parts, maintenance supplies and equipment, and initiates reordering and replenishment as required
- Ensures robust plant safety and security procedures and training is in place and that operations are in compliance with all required regulations.
- Directs plant level support functions including finance, engineering, materials, quality assurance, and procurement to ensure alignment with overall plant operations. Manage the related cost centers and associated budgets within approved levels and in compliance with approved policies and procedures
- Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field and 5+ years’ experience in metal fabrication / manufacturing
Solid computer skills including experience with recognized ERP Management System, direct staff management, Coordination, Coaching, Developing Standards, Financial Planning and Strategy, Process Improvement, Decision Making, Strategic Planning, Quality Management