Parkland on the Glen is owned and operated by Parkland Retirement Living and is a division of Shannex Incorporated – a family-owned, maritime-based company that has been in business for 30 years. Shannex is a leader in seniors’ accommodation, service and care, providing home care, retirement living, assisted living, memory care and nursing home care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Ontario. Parkland on the Glen has 124 rental suites, 70 condominium units, dining rooms, a wellness spa including a hair salon, massage therapist and fitness centre, entertainment centre, movie theatre, games room, lounge, bistro, library and internet café, crafts and activity studio and much more! or more information, check out our website: https://parklandretirementliving.com/locations/ontario/parkland-on-the-glen/
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
General Manager, Parkland on the Glen
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Fostering the development of a quality culture that shapes the values, beliefs and actions of all staff through the application of a continuous quality improvement philosophy;
- Leading the management team toward the organizational, facility and departmental goals and priorities;
- Managing available resources to promote optimal resident and employee satisfaction;
- Working with the management team to promote communication and compliance to policies, procedures and applicable legislation;
- Promoting and marketing of the facility and its’ services within the community and surrounding area;
- Maintaining a relationship with hospital discharge planning, community-based service providers, contractors and suppliers and monitors contractual agreements;
- Ongoing monitoring of facility occupancy and adjustment of marketing strategy and activities to achieve occupancy goals;
- Networking and maintaining contacts and contact information for community groups and associations to increase community awareness and visibility of the facility;
- Overseeing the process to provide adequate orientation for each new resident and employee to the facility, departments and services is followed through by all departments;
- Providing guidance to the management team on the selection, appraisal and development of sufficient numbers of skilled staff;
- Overseeing the development and implementation of corrective action plans and communicates to staff where appropriate;
- Possess a degree in business, hospitality, health administration or a related field.
- Employment history that includes a minimum of seven years of management experience with a strong emphasis in customer service, quality improvement and business processes.
- Demonstrated experience in building and motivating a cohesive team with a passion for delivering service excellence.
- A positive attitude, innovative decision-making and proactive approach is what makes you stand out from others.
- Strong oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively with internal and external customers.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
The following would be considered assets:
- Experience in working with the elderly in long-term care or a seniors’ retirement living environment;
- Bilingualism French/English;