General Mechanic - Full Time
Our Engineering colleagues are passionate aboutmaintainingour historic and iconic building while providing engaging service to our guests.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Château Laurier is the iconic hotel of Ottawa - Canada’s capital city. Built in the age of grandeur, Ottawa’s very own castle is a magnificent limestone edifice with turrets and masonry reminiscent of a French château. A symbol of timeless elegance, the hotel combines a distinctive blend of historic charm and modern efficiencies.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to theDirector of Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions includebut are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service;
- Must have a good working knowledge of basic HVAC systems such asfan coils, air handling units, exhaust fans and make up air units.Maintenance of these systems will include lubricating bearings or replacement,and checking / changing drive belts, lubricate and adjust of air dampers;
- Is able to Mig, Tig , stickand gas welding;
- Maintain the laundry equipment;
- Maintain the kitchen equipment;
- Maintain all pumps, is able toreplaced mechanical seals when needed, check impellers and bearing replacement;
- Conducts test to the Fire and lifesystem, by doing regular emergency Dieseltests;
- Maintain all shop tools and equipmentas needed;
- Respond to guest and colleagues requests throughout the facilityto make necessary repairs to accommodate the customer’s needs in a timely andcourteous manner;
- Performs preventive maintenance of all areas as assigned;
- Repair, maintain and trouble-shoot all equipment in accordance, withschematics, operations manuals and manufacturer’s maintenance instructions;
- Consistently document the completion of assigned work orders;
- Maintain and organize a properly stocked storeroom by keeping aninventory of supplies, parts and equipment manuals to quickly complete repairs;
- Must be knowledgeable of OSHA work place safety standards whichinclude but are not limited to PPE, ladder safety, lock out tag out, electricaltool safety, etc;
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers,some of whom will require patience, tact and diplomacy;
- Must have intermediate computer skills and abilities in Word and& Excel software;
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety ofsituations;
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in either writtenoral, diagram or schedule form;
- Help others as required;
- Must be a licensed journeymenmechanic with a minimum of 7 years in the trade;
- Graduate from a technical school;
- Previoushotelexperience is an asset;
Physical Aspects ofPosition (included but not limited to):
- Constant standing and walkingthroughout shift;
- Must be able tolift and carry heavy items (up to 50 lbs.);
- Frequent bending;
Visa Requirements:Please note that you must be eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.comto learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!