CartoVista is an innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment packed with opportunities for those seeking new challenges. Our mission is to enable the enterprise to better visualize and understand geographic data to make more informed and insightful business decisions.
We are looking for a manager for the department of mapping and geographic information systems (GIS). This position offers the opportunity to supervise the GIS/mapping team and carry out motivating projects in the field of geomatics. You will also be invited to actively participate in research and development activities for the evolution of the CartoVista software in the field of interactive mapping. CartoVista offers you the opportunity to join its bilingual team in Ottawa-Gatineau, work with the latest GIS technologies and participate in the development of innovative web maps.
We are looking for a candidate with a wide range of skills ranging from data management to high-quality mapping production. If you have a solid background in GIS software (ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, MapInfo, FME, etc.), as well as skills and interests in team management, this position is for you.
- Understand and master the GIS component of CartoVista software in relation to customer needs
- Supervise the GIS/mapping team and carry out professional services projects in geomatics
- Plan and divide work into multiple tasks and coordinate tasks with other GIS team members
- Manage map content and data transformation processes with GIS technologies for CartoVista customers
- Supervise and assist in the creation of high-quality interactive web maps
- Work with the software engineering team on the development of map innovations
- 4 year minimum experience creating maps and managing data with desktop GIS software (ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, MapInfo, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic principles and practices related to web mapping and cartographic design, automated geoprocessing analysis, source data evaluation, and accuracy verification procedures
- Experience in data management and geospatial data transformations (FME, SQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of quality assurance principles and practices related to mapping and geospatial data in the context of customer projects
- Superior management, teamwork, and client service skills
- Fluent in both English and French
Other Desirable Qualifications
- Flexible hours
- Remuneration to be discussed based on the candidate’s experience
37 St-Joseph Boulevard, 2nd floor
Gatineau (Hull sector), Quebec