H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: Virtual role, home base Toronto or Montreal
Do you have experience selling in the adhesives or packaging market?
Geographic Sales Managers’ purpose is to create competitive advantage for H.B. Fuller by enabling the sales team to operate at their full potential.
The GSM is expected to retain and grow H.B. Fullers’ market share and customer base in Toronto and Montreal market. He or she is accountable for achieving annual sales and profit targets/budgets within this packaging market. GSM’s will coach, manage and develop their sales team to deliver business results and improve our customers’ experience and loyalty. GSM’s will achieve the market growth stated in line with the strategic plan and consistently implement pricing in line with business unit pricing policy. The GSM, as a subject matter expert will achieve results through application and knowledge of the HB Fuller sales and value selling processes. Winning the right way!
The Geographic Sales Manager is expected to:
- Coach, manage and develop their sales team to deliver business results and improve our customers’ experience and loyalty.
- Consistently implement pricing in line with business unit pricing policy.
- Achieve results through application and knowledge of the H.B. Fuller sales and value selling processes, as a subject matter expert. Winning the right way!
- Responsible for managing a territory within the region in addition to supervising a team of 4 Sales Professionals
- Ensures each sales territory is designed for optimum number of customers, sales calls, and growth opportunities/activities
- Allocates resources to optimize sales coverage and deliver business plans
- Balances efforts between growth and retention activities in each territory
- Manages resources in line with organization strategy
- Responsible for Canadian region with revenue of ~$15M
- Travel required ( 2-3 days a week on the road)
- Must live in Toronto or Montreal location or close.
- BA/MBA or equivalent educational qualifications
- Minimum of 7 years of sales experience, at least 2 must be in a managerial capacity (including territory/account management); B2B selling experience in the packaging or converting markets is preferred.
- At least 3 years of consistent at or above target performance
- Must be fluent in French and English
- Outstanding commercial skills at all levels of contacts: Executive, Middle management, Production floor. Proven sales success.
- Good understanding of key financial metrics such as Margins, Operating Income, Working Capital
- Demonstrated experience in sales management
- Expert oral, presentation and written communication skills.
- A disciplined, yet flexible and creative approach. Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity
- Good understanding of supply chain processes
- Ability to work in a fast changing environment. Good reporting skills.
- Positive, ‘’can do’’ attitude
- Experience in managing and developing teams
- Ambition to develop and progress
- Experience in more than one market/application/geography
- In depth understanding of financial metrics
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays.All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
This position is required to stand for long periods of time, walk, climb stairs, use hands to remove or lift boxes, stretch and reach with arms extended and stoop. Employees regularly lift up to 50 pounds and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.