|Job Title:||Gift Shop Manager|
|Work Site:||Volunteer Resources, Gift Shop - Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status:||Regular Full Time|
Reporting to the Manager, Volunteer Resources, the Gift Shop Manager is responsible for the cost effective and profitable operation of the Vancouver General Hospital Gift Shop which produces profits that are donated to the Hospital annually. Using marketing expertise, creative vision and a collaborative approach, the Gift Shop Manager ensures that the Gift Shop meets and exceeds diverse client needs and expectations. Develops a business case for the Gift Shop including goals and objectives, supervises and performance manages a team of volunteers who staff the gift shop. Manages and maintains merchandise and vendor contracts, and establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal and external clients and vendors to ensure the Gift Shop’s ongoing success.
Education & Experience
- Diploma in Business or Marketing Management, three to five years’ recent, related retail management experience as well as experience in merchandising, marketing and advertising or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to develop and initiate marketing campaigns and strategies, utilizing all available marketing mediums and ensuring effective merchandising.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage contracts and relationships with external vendors such as credit cards, Interac and florists.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current retail trends.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, motivational, organizational and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to promote and foster collaborative, respectful relationships with staff/volunteers while providing direction, guidance and feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.