We wake every day to greet glaciers, mountain peaks and turquoise lakes. At Pursuit, we live the dream. We’re united by an intrinsic love of exploring that can’t be confined by physical borders. Together, Pursuit team members and guests create inspiring memories they’ll share with their friends and families for years to come. It’s all about sharing our amazing destinations. We have gathered a collection of adventure travel experiences, each of them thoughtfully united by their power to inspire and invigorate. As a brand, Pursuit weaves elements of wonder and amazement across our range of awe-inspiring experiences.
- Our Vision is to be the world’s leading provider of experiential adventure travel.
- Our Mission is to connect guests and staff to iconic places through unforgettable, inspiring experiences.
- You are the face of the Glacier View Lodge, and the first point of contact for many guests
- Work with other hotel and Columbia Icefield staff to personalize the guest experience at the Glacier View Lodge (GVL)
- Encourage guests to refresh and relax in one of the most spectacular locations in the Canadian Rockies
- Educate guests on Pursuit attractions and guiding them through the purchasing process
- Provide a professional, friendly and efficient check-in and check-out process
- Answer and direct Columbia Icefield and GVL phone calls and emails
- Coordinate efforts to accommodate guest requests
- Have a strong working knowledge of Maestro, Expedia, Booking.com
- Maintain cleanliness of GVL Lobby
- Maintain inventory of GVL office supplies
- Maintain cleanliness of guest areas
- Operate the point of sale system with accuracy and efficiency, the responsible handling of cash, credit cards, and cash out forms
- Proficiency with computers; booking rooms, subtracting discounts, making room changes and cancellations
- Communicate with co-workers and management, forward observations and comments in a timely fashion
- Uphold the high standard of environmental stewardship expected for all employees
- Assist the team outside regular duties, as necessary; general housekeeping, guest luggage, etc.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Organization and time management skills are a must, but a passion for making a difference for each guest is the most important aspect of this position!
- Must get excited at the idea of living and working in a remote (yet very social) environment
- Proficiency with computers.
- Willingness to work both day, afternoon and night relief shifts.
- Previous cash handling and hotel front desk experience, an asset
- Guest service-oriented mindset and enjoys working in a team environment
- Friendly, approachable, interactive nature
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve guest issues with quick, thoughtful judgement and a positive attitude
- Able to perform assigned duties with a high level of attention to detail, speed, consistency, follow through and under minimal supervision
- Able to lift 50 pounds (suitcases, laundry bags and mail)
- Guest service-oriented mindset and a passion for delivering memorable experiences
- Ability to think on the fly and outside the box to solve problems with a positive attitude
- Speaks second language, an asset
- Enjoy working with a team in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Must meet the Organization grooming and appearance standards
- Standard First-Aid or higher an asset
Thank you for your interest in working with us, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Guest accommodations and public areas of a Hotel in a secluded National Park setting.
- Contract from April 2019 to October 2019
- Continuous walking and moving, lifting, bending, and excessive physical movements involved.
- Must assist in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary.
- Typically 5 days on/2 days off
- Days off may change with each schedule and depend on business level
- Required to work evenings
- Expect 35 – 44 hours per week depending on business levels
- Eligible for a retention and performance bonus