Graphic Designer Lead
A Cognizant Digital Business
Idea Couture is looking for a Graphic Design Lead who is excited to learn from, and lead, a talented team while contributing to world-class design.
As a key member of our design studio, you will partner with different disciplines to develop and improve the design of our visual presentation materials, document deliverables, and digital concepts. You will take a holistic and multi-disciplinary approach to capture project requirements (client needs, business plans, design language, brand identity, etc.), using these to influence the end design solution. Compelling information design is a core priority of this role and our design approach involves taking complex information and distilling it to its essence.
You will join a phenomenal team that contributes to innovation and ideation sessions while also taking ideas and visualizing them in ways that inspire and educate our clients. You'll sit in a collaborative space where you'll apply your design expertise and passion for understanding the human experience with cutting-edge products that are changing the way people live, work, and play.
What you'll pursue:
- Act as design lead on various clients projects to manage and plan design timelines for multiple high complexity projects.
- Determine and impact the output of each project phase based on timeline, resources and project objectives.
- Create comprehensive design deliverables and see projects through from concept, design, production, and delivery.
- Provide quality control to ensure all client deliverables meet our high design standards and align with the project teams vision.
- Participate in ideation and sense making sessions; working closely with project teams to deliver creative solutions and meet project objectives. You will not only execute ideas, but also contribute to the creative process.
Cognizant is always looking for top talent. We are searching for candidates to fill future needs within the business. This job posting represents potential future employment opportunities with Cognizant. Although the position is not currently available, we want to provide you with the opportunity to express your interest in future employment opportunities with Cognizant. If a job opportunity that you may be qualified for becomes available in the future, we will notify you. At that time you can determine whether you would like to apply for the specific open position. Thank you for your interest in Cognizant career opportunities.
- 5-8 years experience in visual design, working in a design studio.
- Strong organization and analytical skills with the ability to manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable with fluid and ambiguous project strategy and able to determine and influence via design thinking.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to translate high level design strategy into actionable design briefs.
- Strong visual sense and ability to take ideas from concept to completion.
- Advanced technical proficiency in Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and XD), Sketch, and third-party prototyping tools (InVision, Marvel, etc.)
- You're well-versed in design methods, practices, techniques, and principles.
- You are comfortable presenting to a large group of stakeholders and facilitating discussion.
- You have an impressive body of work; we’re interested hearing about your design approach and the thought process behind your work.
Why work with us?
Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively discussions, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for our clients. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is inspired to craft meaningful solutions through true collaboration.
We offer an opportunity to do extraordinary work and a culture that welcomes your ideas and your ambitious spark. We value work-life balance and, like you, community matters to us. There is no better time to join the team.
If you’re comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we’d love to hear from you.