The Graphic Designer is responsible for the creative development of internal marketing and client customization materials which shall follow established brand standards. Artwork shall be created based on a solid understanding of the production side of the design process while providing visual impact and creative storytelling.
- Design of internal marketing collateral for DNA Genotek’s medical device products which are based upon brand standards and shall be completed in a creative and timely manner. Examples include trade show materials, advertisements, invitations, posters, signage, labeling etc.
- Develop artwork for numerous external clients from the life science field who require design services for customized products manufactured by DNA Genotek. Examples include concept mockups, user instruction layout and illustrations, packaging, marketing materials, collection videos etc.
- Implement updates and revisions to existing materials with a consistently high level of accuracy and patience
- Job task planning and organizing; capable of estimating time to complete work.
Daily status updates of assigned tasks in tracking program Dapulse.
- Production of high resolutions files (retouching, clipping, colour correction) as well as producing press ready PDF files and optimizing images for online publishing
- Sourcing stock images to support creative efforts
- Photography of products or creation of original images to support design efforts
- Build artwork to industry specifications and ensure that final files accurately meet requirements for offset, digital, flexography and large format printing or online media suppliers
- Support quality control efforts by reviewing final proofs from suppliers and identifying any shortcomings regarding collateral standards and quality
- Maintain accurate, organized job files and assist in trafficking the marketing files
through review and approval phases via the corporate documentation system (according to established quality system management processes)
- Other duties deemed appropriate for a Graphic Designer
- Completion of a two or three year diploma or degree in Graphic Design diploma or equivalent work experience
- Experience in working in a deadline-oriented and fast-paced environment.
- Shall accept limited employment experience for junior position or alternatively, 5+ years experience for intermediate position. Compensation shall be based on experience and level of skill.
- Ability to contribute creative ideas and to show initiative
- Essential to this position are accuracy and attention-to-detail,
with excellent follow-through skills
- Strongly proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud software.
Primary focus shall be InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat.
Additional skills in Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Dreamweaver for video or web shall be considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems and associated browsers,
applications and utilities
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with the design team in an upbeat manner that fosters
a collaborative spirit.
At DNA Genotek, we are committed to building and preserving an accessible, welcoming, supportive, fair, and inclusive environment. Accommodations are available to support prospective employees during the recruitment and hiring process. Should you require any accommodations, please advise us in advance so that we can work with you to find a suitable accommodation.