At Holt Renfrew, our purpose is to inspire a life of style. We achieve this by living our Brand Spirit; demonstrating Holts’ values:
- Passion - Own it
- Excellence - Elevate every moment
- Warmth - Open to the world
- Unity - One team. One Holts
At Holt Renfrew our mission is to present exceptional experiences together with the finest luxury products for life’s every day and extraordinary moments. Every Holt Renfrew employee enables this mission and defines the luxury lifestyle shopping experience through building lasting relationships with our people, customers and partners. The Graphic Designer will work with Creative Services, Fashion Office, Production, and Digital Marketing teams to assist in the visual representation and execution of digital and printed materials that support the Holt Renfrew brand.
We are seeking a Graphic Designer with innovative ideas and a proven track record in both creative and functional design. You thrive in brand and product representation, from branding to digital & print.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Support the creation and production of Marketing ideas that enhance the brand and inspire our customers.
- Creatively implements consistent brand messaging and visual design executions across a wide variety of collateral and media including traditional and emerging media.
- Determines an appropriate design approach for projects and presents recommendations, as needed, including but not limited to digital and print vehicles that range across website landing pages, editorial content, email, vendor look books, social media assets, in-store signage, OOH, direct mail pieces, and private label packaging.
- Conceptualize design strategies in-line with brand aesthetics and standards for seasonal Campaigns and partners with copy and Art Department on all creative Magazine layouts based on final design concept approval.
- Support Art Department with shoots for fashion, beauty, still life and video, ensuring visuals are on-brand, diverse, contemporary and desirable within approved direction.
- The ideal candidate must have solid problem solving abilities, strong communication skills and the ability to innovate with concept and executions.
- Exceptional production skills with an intuitive sense of layout and design.
- Ensure brand consistency on all projects.
- Manage designated projects from concept development through execution in a timely manner.
- Optimize workflow efficiencies with the Production Team.
- Research and provide recommendations on best practices, industry and consumer trends.
- Effectively manage assigned projects as directed; Work within project schedules and deadlines.
- Pre-flight all material for print and format for optimal reproduction.
- Responsible for the archiving and retrieval of graphic production art, source files, template files and related graphical assets.
- Ability to create and execute content-rich, engaging animated GIFs and HTML5 banner ads.
The ideal candidate:
- Post graduate degree or diploma in graphic design
- 5+ years’ experience in an advertising agency, design studio or retail organization
- Strong conceptual ability and attention to detail
- On set photography art direction experience is a plus!
- Proficient in digital/web production and design, with experience in user interface design
- Exceptional skills in design and typography
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong prioritizing, problem-solving, presentation, communication and presentation skills
- Skilled in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash and Dreamweaver (CS5.5),
- Experience in motion graphics and text animation is a plus!
- Ability to understand both the aesthetic needs and the technical requirements of the digital space and how to adapt from print to digital.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS as well as an understanding of SEO and impact on web design.
- Knowledge of UX principles and best practices and how they can be applied to design.
- Passion for retail, digital design, in-store marketing, and new trends and ideas in graphic design.
- Bilingual with a fluency in French and English would be an asset.
The measures of success:
- Contribution to financial objectives
- Individual objectives linked to the achievement of department goals
- Feedback from internal and external clients