The SPUD.CA family of companies is an online grocery delivery business headquartered in Vancouver, with integrated operations through our Be Fresh and Blush Lane markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it’s our great people that make it fun to come to work every day.
SPUD.CA is looking for a full-time Grocery Buyer for our South Burnaby, BC head office (105 5566 Trapp Avenue). This position is an approximate 18 month Mat Leave Coverage contract with exact dates TBD.
- Projecting, and placing accurate vendor orders.
- Ensure inventory accuracy.
- Ongoing communication with warehouse team regarding inbound/outbound shipments.
- Reporting on margin and financial performance.
- Problem solving in unexpected situations.
- Review upcoming weekly promotions to ensure they are properly supported.
- Work closely with the Assistant Buyers to prioritize and divide the workload as appropriate.
- Additional duties as required.
- 1-3 years of purchasing experience, preferably in grocery/perishable goods.
- Bachelor Degree and/or high school diploma + equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (ability to perform VLOOKUP, INDEX, MATCH, and ability to manipulate pivot tables).
- Strong English language communication skills including reading, writing, and speaking.
- Passion and knowledge for food, particularly local and organic.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Extreme attention to every minor detail is critical.
- Ability to communicate in an effective and professional manner externally (with our vendors), and internally (cross-functionally with our teams).
- An annual salary based on experience, paid bi-weekly.
- 20% discount on all of our products on spud.ca.
- Extended Health Care Benefits (effective the first of the month after 90 days) including: massage therapy, acupuncture, naturopath, physiotherapy, psychologist, chiropractor, 80% dental and prescriptions covered, life insurance, travel insurance, discounted eye exam- and more!
- 4 % vacation accrual