Job DescriptionSNC-Lavalin is currently seeking an entry level Groundwater Analyst/Modeller in our Saskatoon office on a full-time basis. This employment opportunity will allow the successful applicant to support our Saskatoon team on a variety of projects with our geotechnical, contaminated sites, water resource, mining and/or impact assessment lines of business.
Reporting to the Senior Hydrogeologist, the successful candidate will be part of a team involved in a wide variety of analysis and simulation of groundwater flow, surface water, and contaminant transport projects. These would include such projects as: tunnel and mine dewatering, tailings migration assessments, analysis of injection and production well fields, aquifer evaluation, and other various projects related to geotechnical, resource management, contaminated land and infrastructure projects, and environmental impact assessments. The successful candidate will play a role in the field investigations, conceptual model development, problem assessment, analytical and numerical modelling, project communication and project management.
• University degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, or Geological / Environmental / Civil Engineering (a post-graduate degree is an asset) along with one to two years of relevant experience.
• Must be eligible to register with APEGS.
• Demonstrate an aptitude for applied mathematics.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication is required.
• Solid organizational and time management abilities.
• Good interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team oriented attitude.
• Strong work ethic.
• Some experience in numerical modelling would be an asset.
• A valid driver’s licence.
• A flexible schedule as the position may require some field work and meeting budgetary and schedule constraints is paramount.
Our commitment to excellence extents do our workplace where we offer a flexible work environment, competitive compensation and benefits including a generous retirement program and an employee Share Ownership Plan, in-house training programs, a strong emphasis on health and safety, support for continuing education and professional development and the opportunity to work with and learn from senior technical experts and professionals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or and other characteristics protected by law.
Local Candidates will be preferred and no relocation package will be offered.
While SNC-Lavalin would like to thank all those that apply, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.