We wake every day to greet glaciers, mountain peaks and turquoise lakes. At Pursuit, we live the dream. We’re united by an intrinsic love of exploring that can’t be confined by physical borders. Together, Pursuit team members and guests create inspiring memories they’ll share with their friends and families for years to come. It’s all about sharing our amazing destinations. We have gathered a collection of adventure travel experiences, each of them thoughtfully united by their power to inspire and invigorate. As a brand, Pursuit weaves elements of wonder and amazement across our range of awe-inspiring experiences.
- Our Vision is to be the world’s leading provider of experiential adventure travel.
- Our Mission is to connect guests and staff to iconic places through unforgettable, inspiring experiences.
As a Guest Experience Guide you will be empowered to ensure our guests receive both accurate expectations about the FlyOver Canada experience as well as a memorable impression of the attraction. Guest Experience Guides not only make sure the ticketing and entry process is as seamless as possible, but also that the movement of guests throughout the whole experience is safe and efficient. Guest Experience Guides must be comfortable speaking in front of, and directing large crowds of people, as well as working both inside and outdoors. Representing a popular attraction in Vancouver, Guest Experience Guides are responsible for creating and sustaining a fun environment for fellow team members and guests alike. Guest Experience Guides should always strive to represent both FlyOver Canada as well as Vancouver in a positive, guest first attitude.
Reporting to the Guest Experience Supervisors, the duties include;
- Greeting guests and answering questions in a welcoming and positive manner
- Ensuring accurate information is provided to guests; ensuring adequate expectations
- Taking and editing photos of guests, while being knowledgeable about the photo packages and backgrounds
- Cash handling and reconciliation
- Organizing large groups of people into correct queues, while calculating and communicating accurate wait time information
- Directing guests around the different areas of the attraction and assisting them onto the iRide gondolas
- Ensuring all ride safety precautions are met, and informing the Operator and Supervisors of any concerns
- Communicate efficiently using proper radio protocol
- Assisting with evacuation procedure in the event of an emergency
- Possessing knowledge about Vancouver and other attractions
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility to complete various tasks in different roles
- Demonstrated cash handling skills in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Good problem solving ability
- High attention to detail
- Consistent outstanding guest service skills
- Internally motivated with a consistently high level of energy
- Availability to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and Holidays
- Comfortable working on your feet for extended periods of time in both an indoor and outdoor environment
- Ability to lift loads of up to 30 pounds as necessary
- Extensive knowledge about Vancouver and local area
- Experience in the tourism/hospitality industry an asset
- Cash handling experience an asset
- Public speaking experience an asset
- Fluency in a second language in addition to English is an asset
- FoodSafe Level 1 certification or equivalent is an asset
- Serving it Right certification equivalent an asset
FlyOver Canada is looking for a minimum availability of 3 days per week, including at least one weekend day. We hire primarily on a seasonal basis, and contract start and end dates will reflect this.
Thank you for your interest in working with us, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by email.
- Holiday relief staff, with contracts from mid December to early January