Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at June 30, 2018, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Tsawwassen Mills
Position type: Salaried
The Guest Services Supervisor is a leader who sets the tone for Tsawwassen Mills customer service interactions. The successful candidate will inspire the Guest Services team to achieve Ivanhoe Cambridge's mission of "continually striving to surprise and engage the consumer and retailer by consistently delivering a superior customer experience.” As an integral part of the management team, the Guest Services Supervisor will liaise closely with the management team and will be tasked with the challenge of bringing the Tsawwassen Mills’ brand to life for all Tsawwassen Mills customers, including shoppers, service providers, and the community.
Strategic Planning & Management:
- Develop strategic plans and tactics for improving customer service offerings for shoppers, retailers, employees and contractors;
- Manage the Guest Services budget and provide input during budget preparations (both operations and marketing);
- Provide rationale for allotted Guest Services staff hours;
- Be responsible for the tracking, analyzing and reporting of all customer service program and marketing results as related to Guest Services;
- Oversee and manage the entire customer experience;
- Develop and maintain all Guest Services operating procedures and manuals;
- Provide insight into customer needs, methods for differentiating Tsawwassen Mills from the competition, and tactics for "surprising and delighting" the customer;
- Actively promote and champion Tsawwassen Mills customer service culture in relation to its brand;
- Complete event analysis/reports for major programs and events as requested in coordination with the Marketing Department;
- Be aware of the centre's Crisis Management Manual and maintain a clear understanding of Guest Services’ role and area of responsibility as outlined in the plan.
Hiring, Training & Supervising Staff:
- Hire, train, and schedule Guest Services staff;
- Ensure Guest Services staff is trained to be an effective representative of the centre’s brand;
- Develop schedules and prepare time sheets;
- Supervise, mentor, empower, and motivate the Guest Services team;
- Meet team members regularly to provide feedback on performance and manage performance issues;
- Maintain bi-weekly meetings with the Property Manager on staffing and performance issues;
- Establish staff appearance guidelines, including the ordering of uniforms for new and current staff and ensure guidelines are met;
- Implement non-monetary recognition for Guest Services staff;
- Ensure budget of staffing hours is maintained.
Marketing Events and Programs:
- Communicate necessary information and direction to security, maintenance staff, and/or Guest Services staff with regard to event requirements and marketing correspondence;
- Collect/sort information for promotional tracking purposes as related to certain events and programs;
- Work closely with the Marketing team to maintain a comprehensive understanding of all promotional activity in the centre for communication to all Guest Services staff;
- Assist the Marketing team with promotional events in the areas of ballot distribution/collection/sorting, GWPs, special event ticket sales, etc.;
- Assist Marketing team with special projects and initiatives;
- Actively contribute to the development and execution of marketing activities with a strong emphasis on special event execution and planning;
- Assist Marketing team with coordination and set up of all events / programs and signage programs;
- Organize group tour incentives and facilitate tour group meet and greets. Train Guest Service Representatives on facilitating a meet and greet;
- Coordinate tour groups including communicate with group leader and schedule Guest Service Representatives to facilitate meet and greet;
- Update monthly statistics and tourism reports.
- Coordinate community events as requested;
- Provide input into the development of the community relations/giving plan;
- Establish and maintain a strong rapport with retailers;
- Correspond with retailers on regular basis (face to face as much as possible) in coordination with the Property Manager
- Coordinate retailer Treat Day when required;
- Answer, redirect and/or follow-up on inquiries related to marketing, operations, security, or Guest Services;
- Oversee the proofing and posting of jobs as requested – on the web site;
- Oversee the maintenance of gift card inventory, coordination of orders, and monthly inventory requests from Store Financial;
- Drive gift card sales. Understand sales performance/key trends and communicate pertinent information to management and Guest Services staff;
- Submit monthly Gift Card sales reports to Property Manager;
- Distribute materials to retailers as necessary;
- Train and set up new retailers and resolve any gift card inquiries/issues;
- Maintain corporate contact list and send thank you cards for purchases over $500;
- Coordinate corporate bonus gift card program.
Training & CHAT Meetings:
- Provide quarterly training for all Guest Services, administration, maintenance, housekeeping, and security staff;
- Schedule training sessions for the calendar year and ensure participation in training.
Daily & Monthly Miscellaneous Administrative Duties:
- Complete monthly lost and found tracking and rotation;
- Submit monthly reports for sales and tracking of events;
- Input daily tracking sheet information into Juice;
- Complete monthly reporting (executive summary and marketing reports) tracking gift card sales, not-for-profit results, and customer service initiatives;
- Manage promotional product inventory;
- Perform other duties as required and/or requested.
- Minimum High school diploma required;
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience in a customer service or hospitality related industry;
- Experience working with the public with a track record of providing exceptional customer service;
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills;
- Conflict resolution/management skills;
- Positive attitude and a demonstrated ability to be proactive, resourceful, approachable, adaptable, solution-focused, and professional always;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong computer skills (MS Office); internet savvy and social media knowledge;
- This position is scheduled to work from Tuesday to Saturday.
- Must be flexible and able to work weekends, nights and holidays as needed.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.